Hot+Cool Formaldehyde HP09 doesnt go to Idle in Auto | Dyson Community
Solved

Hot+Cool Formaldehyde HP09 doesnt go to Idle in Auto

• 18 November 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m using the HP09 in Auto Mode with Heat set to 19 Celsius.

Once the temperature is reached it stops heating. However, there is still a loud noise coming from the machine but no air flow felt coming from it.

As I understand it tries to purify the air until the desired quality is reached however, the air quality is all good so I thought it would go to standby.

Any thoughts let me know. Thanks.

(Edited by moderator – tags added)  

icon

Best answer by Stuart 19 November 2021, 13:17

View original

4 replies

Hey @caoimhinfisher

Your question sounds quite similar to this one;

There is already an answer posted on it. It might help answer your question. 

Pete.

Thanks for getting back. My problem is a little different. When the desired temperature is reached It sound like the fan is on quite high but there is no air flow when I put my hand to it. If it was trying to purify the air as the line from that post states(see below) then what is the “auto target” as everything  air quality wise is reporting as good.

When your machine is set to Auto mode, it will purifier the air in the environment down to its auto target. This is expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @caoimhinfisher 

@WoodenMan has pointed you in the direct I would have initially gone.

I do have a few follow up questions and an action that might help resolve this for you. 

1. Is the airflow direction set to rear facing or front facing?
    • My thinking here is that the airflow is set to come out of the rear of the unit, and you might not be picking it up when placing your hand at the front of it. 
  2. What does the Air Quality Graph on the App’s home screen show?
    • For example, when in Auto mode and showing as Good on the home screen my graph still shows it someway off the Auto Target line.
    • If you don’t already know how to access the graphical information, please read - Viewing your machine's air quality graphs.
  3. Have you cleaned the machine’s sensor ports recently? 
    • Any debris in the sensor ports can cause a false reading. Please read - Cleaning the sensor to find their location and the recommendation to cleaning the area.

Hopefully this helps you resolve the issue you've encountered.

If it doesn’t, feel free to @Me for further assistance. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Thanks for getting back.

I think you onto something. When the heating temperature is reached the heating stops and the airflow switches from front to top. I checked the graph and it is slightly above the line for the target air quality so it makes sense that it’s still trying to purify the air. I’ll verify the sensor ports as you suggested but it sounds to be working as designed. Thanks for all the help.