MyDyson app not available in Greek App Store | Dyson Community
Solved

MyDyson app not available in Greek App Store

• 28 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Good day to the community,

I have recently purchased Dyson TP07 Pure Cool Link, from local dealer in Athens, Greece. Unit is in service for the last couple of days and it’s performance is very satisfactory.

However, when I tried to connect I realized sadly that the app is not available in App Store (iOS, Regional settings: Greece).

After contacting local dealership, their reply was that app is under “redesign”, they anticipate feedback for “reactivation” time but not yet contacted by Dyson, so they cannot do something to help me right now. 

Honestly, this was not a customer service reply that I was expecting. In other words, app was revoked from the AppStore for update and release date is unknown (first time experiencing this with an active product app). How is it possible someone to sell a product without notifying the client that smart features are not available in his country, until further notice? Perhaps I would have chosen to pay much less for a non smart device or go for a competitive device that has app in Greek AppStore.

Is there any idea how this matter can be sorted? It is a rather frustrating situation, since Dyson TP07 is a high-end unit, costly well above average competition and you expect an equal experience in return, which is not the case, unfortunately.

Thank you very much for your time.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 28 September 2023, 23:42

View original

2 replies

Annoying situation, but it doesn’t sound like the buck started with Dyson. I suspect the store you purchased it from brought in the product knowing that it wouldn’t work with the app, selling it anyways. I doubt they even imported it from Dyson. If you are unsatisfied, you’re left with one option, return it. The app won’t become functional overnight and when considering Dyson won’t even provide a launch date for their newest machines in other markets, they aren’t going to confirm when or if they’ll have the app working in Greece. 

With all that said, the tech is functional without the app. The only feature you’re truly missing is scheduling and live data. It’s up to you to work out if these are things that you can live without. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Downloading the Dyson App | Dyson Community

gr.dyson.com only sell their autoreact series. These models aren’t connectable to the App. 

I agree with Spencer’s assessment, the store have sold a machine without checking if the app is there.