Problem with V10 stopping when I connect powered head | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Problem with V10 stopping when I connect powered head

• 7 January 2024
  • 2 replies

When I attatch powered head attatchment the unit will pulse for a split second. It works no problem without head. It also works with wand attatched or not. Just not with the head attached. 

I've tried everything from replacing the battery and a new motor. I also replaced the head with a new one and still no success. Ive done everything other than buliding a whole new v10 with new parts. This is very frustrating.

I dont want to have to purchase a new one after all of this. 

Please help.

Hi @Jim551,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about the issue you’re having with your Dyson Cyclone V10™️ vacuum.

Dyson cordless vacuums are engineered to pulse to let you know something’s preventing airflow from passing through the machine. The motor will then shut off for protection. 

I understand you’ve already replaced several parts of your machine to rule out issues, so in this case a blockage is unlikely to be the cause. I’m not sure if you’ve tried washing the filter, but if this is overdue (or if the filter is blocked with any kind of contaminant or cleaning agent), this could also cause an issue. Please wash it thoroughly as shown in our video guide, using warm water without detergent. Allow it to air dry fully for at least 48 hours before reattaching it.

I hope this helps! If you need further support, we’ll need you to live chat directly to our experts so they can run you through some additional troubleshooting checks. Visit Dyson.com and click the round personal button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon to begin a conversation with our Customer Care team.

Hi Jim551,

I’m having a similar problem with my Dyson V10 Cyclone.

When I attach motorheads, the machine momentarily starts up then stops … when I attach non-motorized attachments, it works as normal.

Did you find a solution?

I look forward to your reply … thanks.

Peace, Magical