4 month old Supersonic Pro Stops Working Mid-dry/All Lights Flash | Dyson Community
Solved

4 month old Supersonic Pro Stops Working Mid-dry/All Lights Flash

• 15 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello. Can anyone help? This $500 hair dryer is 4 months old. It will randomly turn itself off and then all lights flash. Dyson is telling me they can’t refund me, which I think is wrong give them hairdryer is only 4 months old. Anyone else have this issue? The machine is new and regularly cleaned and stored in its case when not in use, and only I am using it with my husband occasionally using it, so it’s not as if it is getting over-used. 

Anyone else in this boat? Pretty frustrating for something that was so expensive, and is basically brand new. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 18 June 2024, 16:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JGChicago,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The symptoms you’ve describe indicate that your Dyson Supersonic™ Professional hair dryer is overdue for a thorough filter clean.

Please take a look at our video guide below and follow the steps shown here. Allowing the filter to soak in warm water, and using clarifying shampoo to clean the filter, can make a big difference to the effectiveness of removing any contaminates in the filter material:

As long as the filter is clean, dry and clear of any dust, hair clippings, hairspray or silicon residue from styling products, you should find your machine continues to work as normal. 

If you continue to have difficulty, you will need to continue your conversation directly with the Dyson US Professional team - they’ll be best placed to support you further.