Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum - software release RB03PR.01.08.004 | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
News

Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum - software release RB03PR.01.08.004

Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum - software release RB03PR.01.08.004

Our latest software release for the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™️ robot vacuum (RB03PR.01.08.004) includes the following updates:

• Enhanced Auto mode for superior cleaning and quieter operation.
  • Improved reliability, faster navigation around edges and small objects, and better cleaning in corners.
  • Maintenance alerts now appear as notifications in the MyDyson™️ app.
  • More reliable navigation when returning to dock.

To make sure you’re always fully benefitting from the latest software and features, we’d recommend enabling automatic updates for your robot within the MyDyson™️ app. Updates will then occur when your robot is inactive, docked, and connected to Wi-Fi. 

To see if your robot’s software has already been upgraded, check for update RB03PR.01.08.004 in your robot’s settings within the MyDyson™️ app.

Hi Jack.  Is there anyway to revert this firmware? I can’t be sure but my vac is misbehaving since and so is a replacement.  

Hi Jack.  Is there anyway to revert this firmware? I can’t be sure but my vac is misbehaving since and so is a replacement.  

My robot has completely lost its mind.  I’ve remapped four times and nothing works.  

Be good to hear something from Dyson.  My robot is simply not working at all.  

You mentioned a replacement.  I spoke with a rep last night and I’m now mailing mine back for a replacement.  Did you do the same and now the replacement is not working?

Yes exactly that.  When you get the replacement try disabling auto update quickly.  

Are diagonal restrictions and zones going to appear in any of the updates soon? 

Be good to hear something from Dyson.  My robot is simply not working at all.  

I’ve been through the official channel and the machine is being picked up for repair but have to wait for two weeks for it to be picked up

Just dropped mine off at UPS and will wait for the replacement.  Since my robot lost its mind when the software updated,  I’ll be turning off the auto-software updates and will only update it manually after a few weeks of no complaints here.  Unfortunately, I’m guessing this is the problem but it would be great if Dyson could confirm or deny this guess.

Good luck.   Let us know the outcome 😀

Strange as my robot also updated to the newest software and I am not having any issues at all. All is working as before so far.

My Vacuum always drop wifi connection, is totally frustrating as it cannot do the daily scheduled task. When I check the wifi signal, the vacuum says is strong. Wifi Access Point is within 3m of the dock and has direct line of sight. May I know what is going on. I have replaced my machine and had a technician to visit my house to look at it, and still cannot resolve the problem.

5 days ago I said all is working fine for me, but now i am facing the same problem with wifi dropping during sleep mode of the robot….

5 days ago I said all is working fine for me, but now i am facing the same problem with wifi dropping during sleep mode of the robot….

Yes, exactly my problem. I think the firmware has issues. Zzzz

I am happy I am not alone, but very angry many of us are having this same issue. My Dyson 360 vis nav connection drops in sleep mode. I have to repair it every time I use it. Seems to be an issue with the last update. I can’t  believe Dyson is not acknowledging this. I’ve spent too much time trying to figure out what I am doing wrong when it used to work fine. 

I am happy I am not alone, but very angry many of us are having this same issue. My Dyson 360 vis nav connection drops in sleep mode. I have to repair it every time I use it. Seems to be an issue with the last update. I can’t  believe Dyson is not acknowledging this. I’ve spent too much time trying to figure out what I am doing wrong when it used to work fine. 

@Dyson, please look into this issue ASAP. Otherwise, your product is not even on par with Ecovac which cost only 20% of what you guys are charging!

My robot just got an „update“ and reverted its software back to the previous one (RB03PR.01.08.003.4123). It seems Dyson is indeed aware of the problem with the newest software. 

My robot just got an „update“ and reverted its software back to the previous one (RB03PR.01.08.003.4123). It seems Dyson is indeed aware of the problem with the newest software. 

yeah just noticed the same.

I have 2 of them and one never got the latest update - the 2nd one reverted to the previous version. The updated one was working fine with it despite the delayed wake up from sleep mode (needed sometimes 3 attemps to be controlable).

I have two robots. Each updated once I got them running again (had to enter the wifi password every time it went in sleep mode in order to use them). Fingers crossed this is a software fix and a lesson learned by Dyson.

I have two robots. Each updated once I got them running again (had to enter the wifi password every time it went in sleep mode in order to use them). Fingers crossed this is a software fix and a lesson learned by Dyson.

it is just a downgrade to the older version. The improved auto mode for example is gone (it has more levels of suction to choose from depending on the piezo sensor readings).

it is just a downgrade to the older version. The improved auto mode for example is gone (it has more levels of suction to choose from depending on the piezo sensor readings).

At first I thought the suction increase in auto mode is broken as it sounded strange. But this is a really nice addition and made a massive improvement in battery life.

It is so strange that they decide to downgrade the firmware and not patch the bug? Looks like the network issue is more complex than we think.

Well I am pleased to say my robot received an update (which seems to be a downgrade) and now it’s working perfectly again.  It’s a real shame that Dyson could not have acknowledged this issue on here.  

Reading this thread doesn't fill me with confidence and even I don't have the 360 Vis Nav, I've been waiting on a bugfix for the big+quiet air purifier and have been through three of them, Dyson have been responsive via jack on here but 5 months later and the issue still persists and no sign of an update.

The "Auto Update" logic on the myDyson app is ridiculous, I disabled this on our replacement purifier only to have it "schedule update" and install it minutes later, so it could be the same for the software on the Vis Nav 

@Jack 

Why is there no statement about this topic from dyson?

Received my replacement two days ago and so far so good.  Also turned off auto-update on software updates.  Will troll this page with every upgrade and won’t update until I see all is good.  Happy they replaced the unit, but sounds like a downgrade in software was the solution.