Airwrap complete long gift edition - issues with the firm smoothing brush | Dyson Community
Solved

Airwrap complete long gift edition - issues with the firm smoothing brush

• 24 April 2023
  • 4 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 1 reply

Hello

I bought my Dyson Airwrap about two months ago. I used the firm smoothing brush two times, and it literally ripped out. My hair is straight and long. I thought that problem was my hair. I used the soft smoothing brush for my mother’s hair (her hair is short), and I realize that it is going to rip out as well. I talked with the place where I bought the item about this issue, and he told me it was impossible. I sent him the brushes back; he checked them, and a month later he sent me one new firm smoothing brush. I just used it twice, and the result is the same. I watched millions of videos everyone use it the way i used…. What should I do? What is wrong with it? Does anyone have the same problem? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 26 April 2023, 16:38

View original

4 replies

Hi @Giz 

I am so sorry to hear that the firm smoothing brush is pulling your hair.

The Airwrap Measures airflow temperature over 40 times a second, intelligently controlling the heating element to keep the temperature under 150°C/302°F. Preventing extreme heat damage.

I have seen a similar post where one of our members @SalonSally  gave great advise. Kindly see the post below. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Thanks,

Jodey

Hello dear Jodey,

It didn't damage my hair actually. It broke down, look at the left down side of the photo in the attachment.

Heyy @Giz! God NO! This hasn’t happened to me.. YET! 

Reading your post made me think about the different hair types! depending on the hair category you fall into, some of the attachments are better than others! If you have say Type 3 or Type 4 hair, you’ll have a nightmare with this brush!! The Wide-tooth comb would 100% be a better fit!! 😃

Do you know your hair type? If not, read Hair Care: How can I tell what my hair type is?.

@Giz! have you seen this post - Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: Understanding the attachment and accessories | Dyson Community. There’s a video showing how the Wide-Tooth comb works!! 😊