Dyson Airstrait UK - not recognising serial number | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airstrait UK - not recognising serial number

• 27 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi 

I have just bought the above and have tried to register it but the serial number is not being accepted.  I do not have the box unfortunately so cant check the side of it but on the help page it says that the serial number is on the e-box.  The  number on this does not match the format being asked for on the registration page.  Any one experience this or have a solution?

Thanks 

Trish

icon

Best answer by Jack 28 February 2024, 12:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @TrishMcGlynn,

Welcome to the Dyson Community and congratulations on your new Dyson Airstrait™ straightener!

Sorry to hear you’re having difficulty registering your machine, but we should be able to help you with this. For UK Dyson Airstrait™ machines, the serial number is on a sticker/tag attached to the power cable. The format is as follows: AB1-UK-ABC1234A

If you’re confident you’re using the right number but haven’t been successful in registering, it sounds as if your machine is so new the serial hasn’t been added to the system yet. In this case, you’ll need to speak directly to the Dyson UK Customer Care team, who will be able to register your machine for you.

The quickest way to get in touch is to visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation.

If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends).

Hope this helps! 

Hi Jack 

Thanks gor your reply.  I contacted Dyson via the digital assistant  and they were able to sort it out.

Trish

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @TrishMcGlynn,

Thanks so much for the update. That’s great news - I’m glad the team were able to sort things out for you!

You're welcome to come back to us here at the Dyson Community if you need further advice or support at any point.