Dyson Airwrap or hairdryer (Supersonic)? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap or hairdryer (Supersonic)?

• 1 August 2023
  • 6 replies

If I already own the air wrap is it worth buying tue hairdryer? The airwrap has a dryer but it isn’t that effective on my thick, coarse, hair. Is the dryer similar or is it more powerful? 

icon

Best answer by SalonSally 3 August 2023, 14:43

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi I do not have an Airwrap but I have the dryer- it is super! my hair is thick and wavy. I have always found that if I let  my hair air dry ( ie when I’m eating breakfast) the dryer works really fast- better than another brand I had owned - did make a big difference.It has multiple settings ( not just a temperature).  Be sure that your hand doesn’t cover the filter at the bottom of the handle ( and clean it out). A trick to get excess water out of your hair - after you towel dry- dry with a sheet of paper towel - really takes more water out of thick hair. If the Airwrap is a styler - after you dry then use the Airwrap to briefly style. Be sure to use the cool setting. after all is done as it will help,” set” your hair ( I believe it does this by closing the cuticle of,the hair shaft.

Hey!! OMG finally someone asked it! I am team Airwrap.. I never used the dyson hairdryer thing. I am sure it’s great too ❤️! I stumbled across a few routine months ago and they’ve stuck with me! I am in no way a expert, but hear me out 😍!

I have what Dyson call a Type 2 - Wavy hair! but it’s super thick and heavy!! Drying with the airwrap takes no where as long! it’s a whole steep learning curve though! Airwrap is like nothing I’ve used before, and it took me a week to get familiar with it! I’m very glad I stuck with it! I get super lovely bouncy curls. 

Holding it is super weird, but it’s nicely balanced! Attaching the different heads is easy, clicking on/off super easy! Took me some time to get through them all - the CMs post Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler: Understanding the attachment and accessories was super helpful! 

Here my routine! I start with wet hair. Dry to about 90% and attach the 30mm barrel. Use a garden pea-size amount of curl cream. Style into super small ringlets and when set, finish with a super small touch of hair spray at just the ends!! I can basically leave this in overnight, with minimal effort, and I still have curls the next day!! In the morning I gently brush the curls with my fingers and the smallest amount of hair oil 😍
Voila. 2-day curls ❤️!

Here’s the hairdryer tools post Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer: Understanding the attachment and accessories ❤️!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Bluejeans.  sounds like you have it down to a science 😉; I was not clear about the paper towel- take one sheet squeeze hair in the sheet- after towel dry- you will get out more water for faster drying.

I’m team supersonic dryer and Airstrait- what to straighten/smooth out my waves (which are not nice- more random bumps than a nice even waves- ) 

Yes the tools are worth the investment- time is money and the tools will last. 

Keep Air-wrapping 😎

I love this ❤️! 90% Airwrap! The 10% is for their new airstrait! Just waiting for it to launch in the UK! x

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Is there an option for teamDyson? 😍!! Our team use the airwrap and supersoninc. Each have their advantages and some customer prefer to actually choose which one we use on them! I’d like to think we’re experts, but there is so much we’re lerning!

As a stylist, an easy recommendation is to always start with slightly damp hair and use a heat protector. It will help your hair stay healthy, stop it from producing overly excessive oils and even stop your scalp from dying out.

Not everyone’s hair is the same, so you may need to try a few brands before you find the right one for you. 

We can’t wait to hear which one you buy 😜! 

Team Sally