Dyson Corrale hair straightener - Runtime / Battery help | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Corrale hair straightener - Runtime / Battery help

• 30 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi all, 

I have Dyson hair straightener for almost 2 years but now even fully charged the battery doesn’t operate more than 3 mins without cord. Any suggestions? I have registered this to Dyson whatsapp helpline but no one is responding. Is there any option that there is a battery replacement? 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 31 May 2023, 23:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5

Afraid not! After my daughters straighteners died, we enquired the same. The answer was no. It isn’t offered by Dyson. Although they did highlight a repair within the 2-year warranty. Have you searched online for a third party repair? 

Dyson Corrale™ straightener: Six tips to help maximise run time 😍

I am getting the same run around with my straightener. Mine is just outside the warranty period and I was informed that I need to take it to a Dyson service center (about an hour away) for them to determine why my straightener won’t hold a charge and then get an estimate of how much it will cost me to repair it. Ridiculous!!! A nearly $500 straightener should not need repairs after a little over 2 years that then places the customer out more money! So frustrating! 

Reading this feedback and comments makes me feel disappointed. I have saved money to purchase it, and it was my first time to use this premium hair straightener. I'm living in Cambodia. How could I easily communicate with Dyson service for repairing or changing spare parts, especially the battery, which most users have used for only 2 years and face the same issue? Again, 2 things are stuck in my head:

1: This Dyson Corrale cannot be used once the battery is empty, which will affect future use when the battery dies.

2: Even if the battery does not die, I feel it is inconvenient to use it since the battery is empty, I need to wait until battery fully charges, then I can use it :( I can't use it by connecting with its magnetic 360 degree. 

Dyson, you should consider this issue seriously. I strongly need to return it since I received it on November 2023 :( Please consider my request 

I’ve had the same problem - shame on you Dyson £399 for straighteners that break down 6 months after warranty expires and no repair option 

I will not be repurchasing and will be posting on my Facebook beauty groups about this

My Corrale is the  same and still have issues whilst plugged in to use.  Do they offer repairs or has anyone had any assistance from Dyson with this?

I rang customer services and no help at all - they don’t repair and the battery apparently cannot be replaced so it’s tough luck

not very good when you consider the price - I would not repurchase nor would I recommend 

stick to GHD

I had GHDs years wish I had stuck to them.  I have a Dyson hairdryer & just ordered the airbrush, knowing this I will cancel my airbrush as another £500 that I don’t want to waste .This is shocking .  Really bad service by Dyson after many years of expensive but decent products I am really disappointed