Straightening with hair dryer - Not keeping my hair straight. HELP | Dyson Community
Solved

Straightening with hair dryer - Not keeping my hair straight. HELP

• 3 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi - I have been using a GHD hairdryer for years and recently upgraded to the Dyson hairdryer. I have naturally curly hair and blow dry it straight but when using the Dyson (with smoothing nozzle), my hair starts off straight but within a few hours, it becomes wavy and if I sleep on it, the curls returns. With the GHD hairdryer, my hair stayed straight. I dont use any products, just a heat protecting spray. I’ve tried using the different heat and speed settings on the Dyson but nothing works.  Not sure what I am doing wrong - is it because the Dyson uses less heat?  Please help.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 6 October 2023, 13:08

View original

2 replies

@sobes74 Hi there! Check out this metaguide page for a few videos that will walk you through several strategies on getting different blowout/etc. styles with your Dyson Supersonic.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@sobes74. Outside of my wheelhouse. You may find an answer to your questions on either of these posts:

(1) Dyson Corrale™ straightener: Getting the look you want | Dyson Community - Styling tips per video, including the steps to be taken to recreate. 

(2) Hair Care - Excessively oily/greasy hair - Help! | Dyson Community - Whilst the title doesn’t directly effect you, a few of the replies cover hair health and steps to take to make it more pliable. 

David.