Supersonic Hairdryer doesnt work in the US | Dyson Community
Solved

Supersonic Hairdryer doesnt work in the US

• 13 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I was gifted a brand new Supersonic hairdryer as a wedding gift while I was in India. However, I permanently live in the US and found that the plug and voltage do not work in the US. Is there any way I can do an exchange for one that is US compatible? I was really looking forward to getting this hair dryer and sad that I cannot use it at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Angela

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 July 2023, 12:58

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Hey there @angelagrayce, the supersonic is only made for use in the country it is purchased from. A machine from India not working in the issue is not a fault of the machine, but the design. We do not offer international exchanges of machines. 

For more answer on international travel or for further information on your warranty terms, please refer to your machines user manual and read our Can I use my Cordless vacuum cleaner abroad/overseas? article. 

Thanks, 

Userlevel 4

Sell it! There’ll be someone, somewhere that travels back and forth India. eBay, Facebook market or local store!

I agree. There are some occasions where you can’t really blame the company. If it’s still in the return window, you might be able to have it taken back? You’d of course have to do this in India. Sell it would be the best option.

Userlevel 1

@angelagrayce - What you have asked is perfectly reasonable, especially for a high end product. 

Unfortunately, Dyson will do absolutely nothing to assist you.  Their solution is to throw it away and buy a new unit.

I will NEVER buy another Dyson product.