Best cordless Dyson vacuums with the most powerful suction; looking for one to be able to suck up large bugs | Dyson Community

Best cordless Dyson vacuums with the most powerful suction; looking for one to be able to suck up large bugs

• 3 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I have gone through multiple cordless/corded standup vacuums trying to look for the best one to suck up large insects, particularly spiders. I have found that most of them on the market say they’re “powerful” yet they cannot suck up a spider that is wedged in between 2 corners of a wall. I have tried multiple Shark vacuums and still have the same problem. So, I’m hoping that one of the cordless Dyson vacuums are powerful enough to solve this problem. Any suggestions on which one/ones would be the best option (preferably under $800)? 

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

kodyo12 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies everyone; these are very helpful. I’m now looking at the Ball Animal 2 and the Big Ball Multifloor canister vacuum. I don’t necessarily have large floors to vacuum where I currently live but i more so want a quality vacuum for insects and corners/under furniture!

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I don’t think Dyson Cordless vacuums are as high powered as their corded. They are, in my opinion better than other vacuum cleaner manufactures.

Do you know the suction power of the machines you’ve been using? I shared a model comparison last month, showing their latest cordless cleaners through to one of their oldest V6. Models Comparisons - Dyson Cordless Vacuums V6 vs V7 vs V8 vs V10 vs V11 vs V15

Their most powerful cordless vacuum to date is the V15. It might be outside of your budget. The V11 outsize is only 10 less in terms of suction. Could be a worthy contender.

Hi, thanks for the reply! My current one is 240V and 550 W (not sure which one describes the “power”) and it’s a corded standup vacuum from Shark. I have had flies actively fly out of the vacuum whilst using it to get rid of them which sort of defeats the whole purpose of it. Would the Dyson Big Ball Multifloor canister vacuum be better?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @kodyo12 

Theoretically speaking, any time a bug is sucked up into the bin of the machine, there is potential that they can find a way out, if the bug happens to be vacuumed up while still alive. 

Hi, thanks for the reply! My current one is 240V and 550 W (not sure which one describes the “power”) and it’s a corded standup vacuum from Shark. I have had flies actively fly out of the vacuum whilst using it to get rid of them which sort of defeats the whole purpose of it. Would the Dyson Big Ball Multifloor canister vacuum be better?

Suction power is described in Air Watts. The 550W is representative here.  

Dyson’s highest suctioning corded vacuum is the Dyson Vacuum Cleaner – Dyson Ball Animal 2. 

“The Dyson Ball Animal 2 is the latest and the greatest Corded Vaccum Cleaner currently made by Dyson. This beast comes in at a total suction power of 306 Air Watts. As per the ASTM F558 testing protocol, this makes the Dyson Ball Animal 2 the most powerful vacuum cleaner available for purchase today.”

The entire machine filtration and seal may stop bugs and the like from escaping! Maybe not looking at the suction power and more on how Dyson filter and seal their machine would provide a better narrative. 

Thanks for the replies everyone; these are very helpful. I’m now looking at the Ball Animal 2 and the Big Ball Multifloor canister vacuum. I don’t necessarily have large floors to vacuum where I currently live but i more so want a quality vacuum for insects and corners/under furniture!