Can Anyone Help Me? Outsize Complete Brush Head Falling Apart | Dyson Community
Solved

Can Anyone Help Me? Outsize Complete Brush Head Falling Apart

• 4 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’m hoping someone here can help as I’m at the end of my tether with Dyson support.

On 15th August 2022 I noticed that the brush bar was coming apart on my Dyson Outsize Complete. The plastic centre is peeling off and the brush has lost a section of bristles.  This is after 8 months of light use (once a week for 20 minutes).

I contacted Dyson Support on WhatsApp and I was advised by Nathaime that a replacement brush bar was in stock and it would be sent to my home address within 5-7 working days.

On 20th September a courier turned up at my door (unexpected) and asked me to box up my Outsize Complete and he would give me another machine - a V15 Detect Absolute.  I thought it was some kind of scam so I told him I just need a spare part and he left.

I contacted Dyson support and asked about the courier and Iguette said a replacement part was not available and that’s why they were giving me a new machine.  I need an outsize because the other models are too small.

Support told me to wait 10 working days and the part might come back in stock.

I haven’t heard anything - is the Outsize Complete obsolete? 

Can someone tell me if I can get a replacement brush bar under warranty?

I used to get 5 years out of Dyson products - really disappointed that this part has failed after 8 months.

Would really appreciate some help from a Dyson employee.

Thanks,

David.

icon

Best answer by Stuart 5 January 2023, 13:27

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Frustrated, (David)

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

It doesn’t sound like you’ve had the best experience to date. Lets see if the Community Team can fix that. 

Firstly, allow me to offer an apology that you were not made aware of stock and the planned product exchange. This shouldn’t have been the case. I’ll feedback on your experience and highlight it against our standard process, the wider customer service team can use this to ensure this doesn’t happen to others in the future. 

Secondly, I can confirm that under the team of the guarantee, which is two years against our Cordless vacuums, we will look to repair or replace parts of the machine which fail, within reason. You can read more about this on The Dyson guarantee page.

Now in regard to the brush bar, to be able to provide you an accurate reading on stock levels, I would need to know the market you are in. Assuming you are in the UK, which would suit with the standard delivery timeline of 5 - 7 days you mentioned, the Dyson UK website shows that that the Brush bars are in stock. Dyson Outsize™ vacuum parts. By ordering this part, it should be delivered within the pre mentioned delivery time frame. As this is sent through the post service and not via a courier, we ask that you do bear in mind any local strikes. 

Both the How to: Order spare parts and accessories and How to: Check on the progress of a delivery should be able to help answer any other questions you have on that subject. 

If you can drop me a private message through the Community, including your full name, address and any order details you previously received, I can look to have a member of the contact centre investigate this further and contact you.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Thanks Stuart,

I reached out again to support via WhatsApp and they have ordered a brush bar which they say is compatible with my model (I’m in UK).

I’ll provide feedback here once I have fitted the replacement part.

Cheers,

Dave.