Cordless Outsize+ stock issue | Dyson Community

Cordless Outsize+ stock issue

• 25 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I have purchased FOUR Outsize+ cordless machines, for myself and as gifts for friends.  I need to purchase spare parts and accessories, especially a Laser Slim Fluffy cleaner head, but almost every part including this one is ALWAYS out of stock.  ALWAYS.  I add my email to be notified when a part is back in stock, and NEVER get an email from you.  NEVER.  I think you make an amazing product but I can’t see buying anything from Dyson again if I can’t get spare parts and accessories.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @AlanL9

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us here. 

We're sorry you've had difficulty trying to order a replacement part.

Like many technology industry retailers, a shortage of resources and materials, manufacturing control orders and inflation have impacted our business and production on a global scale. We’re proactively looking into alternative solutions as the situation evolves, but in the shorter term this means that some spare parts may be available in limited quantities. It's best to sign up on our website to be notified when stock is available.

At times when stock is not available, we are always happy to check into other options to resolve an issue as well. If you haven’t already done so, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Thank you, Kelly.  In the past I have signed up on your website to be notified when parts are available, and I have never (ever) received a notification.   For example, I signed up to be notified when a filter was available and a few months went by, I heard nothing, then by chance I checked the parts page and it said “In Stock” even though I was never notified.  I quickly ordered one.  The next day I noticed it was out of stock again.  

I sympathize with your company’s struggle obtaining parts and hope that your search for alternative solutions leads to success sometime soon. 

I went to the Guides and manuals link you provided but failed to find “Start a WhatsApp conversation.”  i only see Twitter, YouTube and Facebook, along with Live Chat and a customer service telephone number.  I have called Customer Service several times leading to no success.   I do not have WhatsApp, nor Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat,, Messenbger, etc.   There are too many social media ways to keep track of these days.  I would think a Customer Service phone number or email should be the main way to go - or am I just old fashioned?  I need three dozen apps on my phone because every place uses some different form of communication now?

Thanks again for your response.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @AlanL9 

May we ask which country you’re located in?