Do anyone know if Dyson honour warranty if purchased on Amazon? | Dyson Community

Do anyone know if Dyson honour warranty if purchased on Amazon?

• 17 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’m considering buying a Dyson cordless vac but have read many reviews on Amazon that Dyson doesn’t honour the warranty if purchased on Amazon.  Where should I buy my vac so that the warranty is honoured?

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

Anonymous 1 year ago

Thanks, Kirby.  Just did an online chat, and yes, they don’t honor the warranty if you buy it on Amazon. 

Will be buying directly from Dyson.  Btw, do you know how long Dyson tends to run their sale?  The V15 is currently $599 (reg price $749).  Do they tend to run an after Xmas sale?

Oh. Sorry @WendyC. Good job you checked 😁! I’ve only ever purchased direct or from a physical store, so just assumed it would be the same. 

They may run a January sale, but I can’t remember from last year. I’ve always just purchased once I’d seen it at the price I was happy with. Someone else might know. It might be worth asking another question.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Hi @WendyC 

I’ve been buying Dyson’s for over a decade. I’ve for one have never heard of this. I am sure that legally Dyson have to honour the warranty against their products no matter where they are purchased. This does have some slight limitation, which are usually specified in the terms of the warrant. These usually surround your location and if they have an office to repair or replace the machine and it’s components, along with overseas travel.

To avoid any doubt, just by it direct. www.dyson.com will see you right!

Kirby.

Thanks, Kirby.  Just did an online chat, and yes, they don’t honor the warranty if you buy it on Amazon. 

Will be buying directly from Dyson.  Btw, do you know how long Dyson tends to run their sale?  The V15 is currently $599 (reg price $749).  Do they tend to run an after Xmas sale?

Oh. Sorry @WendyC. Good job you checked 😁! I’ve only ever purchased direct or from a physical store, so just assumed it would be the same. 

They may run a January sale, but I can’t remember from last year. I’ve always just purchased once I’d seen it at the price I was happy with. Someone else might know. It might be worth asking another question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey Everyone.

I thought it prudent to jump in here and provide some information on the terms of the Dyson guarantee/warranty, which are visible across our websites globally.

By clicking the www.dyson.com web address, you’ll be taken to your local Dyson site. Once here, navigate to the ‘Support’ section and click the on-screen option for ‘The Dyson guarantee/warranty’. 

I’ve included the links for the UK and US markets as an example of the content stored. 

The Dyson guarantee - UK

The Dyson warranty - US

Thanks, 

Stuart