Dyson V11 Absolute. Casing cracking - leading to loss of control. Suggestions Welcome | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V11 Absolute. Casing cracking - leading to loss of control. Suggestions Welcome

• 18 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

We bought our Dyson V11 Absolute in the autumn of 2019. Not had many problems with it - had to replace the power switch about 18 months ago as the switch failed (apparently a common fault) and of course - any wear and tear items such as the brush head and filters etc have been replaced.

About 1-2 months ago, our Dyson started switching on by itself (when removed from the wall mounted charger) and if the button was not being pressed - could switch off by itself. If the Dyson switches on - usually the only way to stop it is to hit the battery base, remove the filter or place into the charger. If the Dyson does not switch on - hitting the battery base usually works. 

We have noticed a hairline crack stemming from the power switch up and over and round the other side. Probably exactly where you would expect a crack due to the weight distribution when being used and when being held in the wall mounted charger. Please see the image. The Dyson is always stored without the attachments attached - so there has never been any undue weight or stress on the unit.

I suspect we are unable to do much about this as the Dyson is now four years old, but it is very disappointing to spend around £600 on a vacuum cleaner and for it to begin failing in such a manner.

Any ideas, suggestions etc welcome. Has this happened to anyone else?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 21 August 2023, 09:45

View original

3 replies

Hi @Leeorg 

Thank you for raising this with us. 
We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

The Dyson V11 main body does not get this problem normally.

This could be due to wear and team as the machine was purchased in 2019. 

You can contact our customer service team to have this part replaced.

All parts purchased from the Dyson website comes with 12 months Dyson warranty.

To arrange this, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation. 

If you still need any further help regarding this, don't hesitate to respond over here. 

Regards,

Dyson will argue that they cover the repair/parts for free for the first 2-years, anything after this is classed of wear & tear. All newly replaced parts are charged, although they come with a 1-year cover.

A new part will set you back anywhere from $75 - $150. If I were you I’d invest it in a new machine. Dyson latest techs pretty handy and a massive upgrade in power/runtime. Might be worth some investigation.

This might help you make an informed decision - Model Comparisons - Dyson Cordless Vacuums V6 vs V7 vs V8 vs V10 vs V11 vs V15 | Dyson Community