Dyson V7 Motorhead - working intermittently with brushhead attached | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V7 Motorhead - working intermittently with brushhead attached

• 7 September 2023
  • 3 replies

On my Dyson V7 Motorhead Origin when the powered brush head is attached the vacuum motor (and entire unit including brush head) pulses on and off 7 times when the trigger is pulled and then shuts off. Releasing the trigger and pulling it again starts the cycle.  I have replaced the factory battery with an aftermarket battery that worked great for several months.  If I detach the brush head the vac works fine for the life of the battery.  Is it the battery or the brush head?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 11 September 2023, 12:24

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

@StewC625  It sounds like an airway is partially blocked in the machine. This should be an easy self-fix. The pulsing is actually a design feature - used to alert you that an airway is blocked somewhere.

Make sure to go through all the steps 1-3:

1. Please load up and follow along with this video, which will guide you on most of the places to look - many of which may not be obvious.

2. Please check the bin inlet

In the inlet the wand connects to the clear bin there is a tiny flap. Tilt the machine up and down while looking into the inlet. Does the flap open and close freely? If it's stuck, please remove and wash the bin and poke it with your finger until it moves freely. Make sure the bin is 100 percent dry before putting it back on.

This video can guide you in removing the bin:

3. Your V7 may have (1) or (2) washable filters, this video can guide you on washing them:

Might be something here: Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson | My Cordless vacuums brush bar isn't spinning, what can I do? | Dyson Community 😁

@Adam.Steinberg you called it on it being clogged. The clog was in the brush head - we had sucked up some twigs and things from something our dogs chewed up and those got caught in the elbow joint and then that allowed dog hair and leaves and whatnot (lots of whatnot) to build up into a solid clog.  Disassembled the brush head, used a combination of wooden skewers and compressed air to clean out the mess (and it was a mess), put it back together and it works great now. I am going to use the videos above to remove the dirt cup and clean it now that I know how that all pulls apart.

Question for you - is there a way to clean the cyclone? It looks factory sealed to me. On our Dyson Animal Ball “plug in” vac, I took that all apart a few months ago and cleaned the cyclone out after 10 years of use - incredible what came out of there. The machine runs so much better now. Let me know on this question for my V7 please.