Gen5 Outsize wheels - snapped off | Dyson Community
Solved

Gen5 Outsize wheels - snapped off

Very surprised that when I searched “dyson direct drive wheel spindle break” to learn that this is design flaw issue. I bought the Dyson Gen5outsize Absolute in january 2024 and today I thought one of my wheels popped off.  Upon closer investigation no, the spindle straight up snapped off the head, while taking the other wheel off to see the extend of the damage, that one broke too.

I was under the impression that these are supposed to be great vacuums, and your support it “top notch”.  Well I guess I am about to find out. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 7 May 2024, 15:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ImmortalCrabman,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about this - I’m sorry to hear this has happened to your machine. For support, you'll need to speak directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region - they’ll be able to help with ordering a replacement part for you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Hi @ImmortalCrabman,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about this - I’m sorry to hear this has happened to your machine. For support, you'll need to speak directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region - they’ll be able to help with ordering a replacement part for you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

I spoke with a rep via chat on the website last Sunday, all was well until I was told that I would have to go up to two weeks without a vacuum.  I see I have one ordered, nothing mentioned about shipping.   I was supposed to get a phone call about this and I have yet to receive said phone call.