How can I get a battery for a V10? FRUSTRATED! | Dyson Community
Solved

How can I get a battery for a V10? FRUSTRATED!

• 14 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I am an extremely frustrated soon-to-not-be Dyson customer. I have been trying to get a replacement battery for my out-of-warranty V10 unit since September. My unit is holding less and less a charge each month.

I am a customer in the US. How do I get one now?

Every one of my communications to Customer Service ends in an offer of a discount for a new unit. Not one of my communications has had a response of an estimate of when there will be a replenishment.

When this battery dies, why would I continue being a customer with a new unit when I cannot get a vital replacement part for a perfectly good existing unit? This is supposed to be a top-tier unit, I love it and want to continue to use it.

Any ideas what I should do to get a new battery? Absent of that, any recommendations on a quality cordless vacuum from another manufacturer?

I don’t want to give up on Dyson, but they sure are making it easy to consider. Come on, Customer Service. Your company makes an excellent product. Why can’t you support it in an equally excellent manner?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 17 November 2023, 17:30

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

@raschimmel Thanks for your post and I’m sorry to hear you’re not able to get the part you need. Dyson is aware of this crucial part being out of stock and Dyson is working to restock it. It will be restocked, although there’s not an ETA at this time. I’d recommend signing up at the link on the product page (our email bot will let you know when it’s available to order).

https://www.dyson.com/support/journey/tools/969352-03

I am in the UK, and placed an order for a replacement battery on the Dyson site 6 weeks ago. No updates available it seems. I tried the Dyson telephone and chat helplines over here to get an update, but have to wait 40-50 minutes to be connected to a rep before giving up - or getting ghosted on the chat. I also tried the wattsapp link and got a reply that it is no longer in use. It seems like the company ghosts it’s customers when they want to track the status of a spare part order. I would be prepared to believe that threads like this are even moderated-out of the community site. I have bought various Dyson products for ca.20 years, but now I am thinking of buying a new vacuum cleaner from a different manufacturer. I also feel it would my social duty to warn other consumers to beware the battery lifespan and appalling customer service.

Same issue with me. I got my vacuum in May and it stopped working at the end of October. I’ve had to initiate two conversations with Dyson to find out what’s going on. The customer service about this issue is horrible! I paid too much money for the thing to stop working less than 6 months in and not being able to use it for over a month!!