Received Vacuum With Missing Part | Dyson Community
Question

Received Vacuum With Missing Part

• 15 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased the Dyson v15 Detect through Walmart, only to discover upon receipt that it was shipped and sold by Dyson through Walmart.

Regrettably, the package arrived with a crucial component missing – the battery. Despite raising this concern with Walmart, they directed me to contact Dyson, as they are the designated seller and shipper.

My attempts to initiate a return were thwarted by the Walmart reps because of the missing part, and the product itself seemed to exhibit signs of prior use, evident in the dustiness within the dust bin. I am now faced with a dilemma: I am eager to resolve this matter by either returning the product or obtaining the missing battery. At this juncture, my primary concern is prompt resolution.

However, my endeavors to reach Dyson’s customer support have proven futile. Phone calls are met with extended wait times, and attempts to engage through social media channels have gone unanswered. Furthermore, emails directed to Dyson’s customer support have not elicited any response.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @FrostyFlakes . Please contact local support with a link to the product listing page for the specific model you ordered - if you’re missing something that was supposed to be included in the box, that is.

To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support  link, navigate to the ‘Support' section of the page and scroll down to the ‘Contact us’ section, selecting ‘Start a conversation’.  

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.  

Chat is not available. 

no response to emails. 

sent message through messenger  

reached out through Twitter with no response.

I’ve been waiting 2 hours for a customer support rep to answer the phone. 

This is not the type of customer support I expected from a company that sells 800 dollar vacuum cleaners.