upgrade scheme | Dyson Community
Solved

upgrade scheme

• 2 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Can anyone tell me where and when I will get a pre-paid label to return my old machine under the upgrade scheme? I received my new machine today but I can’t find any information about returning the old one. I understand this should be done within 14 days?

TIA

icon

Best answer by Jack 3 May 2024, 14:34

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jemmaanderson,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

If you’re asking about the current UK Trade In promotion, you can find all the details here - there’s an FAQ section at the bottom of the page.

After your order confirmation e-mail, you should then receive a second email with instructions on how to return your old Dyson machine, including how to get a pre-paid label and how drop off your old Dyson machine at a Post Office for it to be returned to us. If you didn’t get this email yet, please double check it hasn’t accidently been categorised as spam or routed into your junk mail folder.

To receive a £100 refund, you’ll need to return your old Dyson machine within 14 days of receiving your new Dyson vacuum.

Hope this helps!

Please can I ask if the upgrade scheme is a scam? I’ve tried 3 times now to get a return label, first I was told wait 48-72 hours (which I did), then I was told to wait 24 more hours (which I did), and now I am being told wait 15 minutes and still no returns label. I’ve also just been told I still have to return my old machine within 14 days to qualify for the £100 back….regardless of the fact 10 days have passed and I still don’t have any means to return my old machine! I keep being told “don’t worry” but no actual solutions being offered! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @jemmaanderson,

Sorry to hear there’s been difficulty in receiving your returns label - I’ve messaged you directly to take some further information about this. Of course, we’d like to ensure this is resolved for you.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Hi I’ve got the same problem I just keep getting told to wait ? If I wait much longer I’ll be past my 14 days return. Any help on this would be much appreciated 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @crdg73,

When placing your order, you need to ensure the option to trade in your old machine has been selected. Without this, the dispatch of an email including a returns label won’t be triggered.

I’ve reached out directly for some further information.

I did eventually manage to get a returns label, but it was not easy. I was repeatedly told “don’t worry” and to “wait for an email”, and I asked to escalate multiple times before help was actually given. I was also told I would still only have 14 days from receiving the new machine to return the old one, despite the fact that 10 days in I had still not received a returns label!! It was eventually agreed that I had 14 days from when I received the returns label, but I had to push to get that agreement.  The process is definitely not as it is described, as you have to fight to get a returns label and it’s via email so you need to print it too! As it stands my machine was returned last week but still no communication confirming receipt and no sign of the cash back, so I expect i will have to fight for that too.