V11 Absolute - Motor not being triggered - Any suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

V11 Absolute - Motor not being triggered - Any suggestions?

• 21 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a Dyson v11 absolute which was working fine. I went to go use it the other day after a few days of using it prior and it will not start sucking. The trigger has zero response and the two LED lights on the base station do not light up. The battery is fully charged and is accepting power. The LCD screen is fully functional too. 

I followed the support steps of ensuring there were no blockages and to remove debris etc etc from the bin and other places. Nothing seems to be helping though. I thought maybe there could be a blockage within the motor? Has anyone had something like this before?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Eagles 21 June 2023, 15:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Not really. We’ve had times where the charger has slipped out of the dock, resulting in it being dead for a few days. I actually following some of the steps here to solve the problem - My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do?

If there’s no power after trying those steps, then maybe it’s faulty. You could look at replacing the main body component (handle). This houses the electrical parts, and motor. I suspect the battery is fine due to the LCD screen lighting up.

This was the "solution". I ordered the housing part from Dyson and everything magically just started working again. So I assume the motor died or something? Kind of annoying but cheaper than buying a new one I suppose