v11 main body needs replacement after four years | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hello

i purchased my V11 four years ago and have been using since with no problems. The use I make is moderate and half of the time it’s used on carpets. Problem started with the trigger button as it started feeling a bit loose. Then it reported a blockage and I cleaned all airways and it was working fine again. After using it for about a hour it stopped working again, then it worked for about 30 seconds and then it stopped again and then worked for about 10 seconds and then it stopped… for good. There was no warning on the lcd screen about blockage or anything else. It just didn’t work anymore. Took it the dealer here in Athens (Greece) they said after 2 days that the main body needs to be changed completely and that it would cost 199 euro. I had originally bought the v11 for 650 euro or thereabouts. So I am waiting for the part to arrive now. My question is this. I don’t know what happened to the machine. Why did it break down? Was it something I did? Which I  doubt as I was looking after it vey attentively all its life. I mean when you pay 3 to 4 times more for a vacuum cleaner you are assuming quality of product and durability to be of the equivalent standard right? It was an amazing four years, but FOUR YEARS? ONLY? And to quote George Clooney “REALLY GEORGE?” 
anyhoo, I am taking this with a hint of humour cause also the comment I got what I called the local dealer was “Dyson will not do anything for you ma’am, even if you write a formal complaint, which you can’t” and also “you are using this machine more than a normal vacuum so the use you get out of it is more” 

well I paid more so it will perform and not die after just 4 years. “Sorry ma’am I can’t do something else for you.”

so I pay in toto 850 euros… for sorry ma’am and god knows how long the new body is going to last… 

slightly disappointing for a machine of this caliber and this price…  bygones I guess 

question still remains : WHY DID IT DIE ?

Hi @kat_ioannou,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I’m sorry you’re disappointed with your machine’s lifespan. We do test very extensively - in our labs, and in real home environments - to ensure our machines are robust enough to withstand daily use. I wouldn't be able to speculate why your particular machine has failed in this instance - lifespan will depend on a number of different factors, including how each individual machine is used, stored and maintained. 

I’m glad you have a replacement main body on the way, and I’m sure it’ll be up and running again very soon!