v7 vacuum stopped working. There are no blockages or power | Dyson Community
Solved

v7 vacuum stopped working. There are no blockages or power

• 5 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Fully charged, no blockages but it has stopped working.

(Edited by moderator – Moved to new Category and Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 October 2022, 07:34

View original

8 replies

It sounds like it could be a connection issue to me. Where the battery is charged but the onboard hardware isn’t initiating from the trigger pull. 

Are any lights shown on the machine with the trigger pressed? Flashing or otherwise?

Hi.yes blue light is flashing.

Okay. That actually gives me a different idea. The blue flash means it needs charging. 

I now suspect it’s the charger at fault. 

Try the charger in a different plug, if that still doesn’t work, I’d say the charger is faulty. If the hardware was faulty, the light on would flash red with a trigger pull. 

Ok thanks so much. Will try a different connection. Appreciate your help.

I have the same issue and actually and I don’t believe it is related to the charger or battery since I have a replacement for both. 

the V7 basically stops and then I need just to plug it 1 sec and it will start normally again...not sure what the issue is

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @Cipster,

That sounds rather unusual. Do you charge your V7 on the dock by any chance?  Sometimes, the issue can be easily resolved by checking where the machine is being charged. If the machine is being charged in the wall bracket, the charging pin may be out of alignment with the machine, which would cause the machine to get a poor contact with the machine, which would result in lower charge levels.

If you can please take a look at your charging assembly, please push the silver charging contact toward the back of the charging bracket, and that will help loosen the pin and let you remove it from your machine. Please plug it directly into your machine and see if the blue solid light is sustained. Once you are finished, please unplug the pin from the machine and push it back into the socket on the wall bracket until it "clicks" into place. Once you hear that click, the charging pin will be back in alignment and your machine should charge properly.

Thanks Kelly,

I use the wall bracket and I thought that could have been the problem, so I charged just plugging the cord and it didn’t prevent the V7 from stopping. Then I changed the battery with a new one and had same issue and finally used a new power cord with same results. 
the weird thing is that when it stops, if I plug the V7 even for 1 sec it will somehow reset the vacuum and it will work for another minute and when it stops, if I replug it it will keep doing the same until I fully drain the battery 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks, @Cipster 

We’d like to ask you to please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.