Why is the Laser dust detection light on my new Dyson V12s Detect slim submarine randomly gets off itself? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Why is the Laser dust detection light on my new Dyson V12s Detect slim submarine randomly gets off itself?

• 8 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve just changed my Dyson V10 to V12s detect slim submarine Plus (Taiwan version) 2 weeks ago. Apart from the suction seems less powerful than my previous Dyson, everything goes well and the Laser dust detection is just amazing!

However I found the Laser dust detection light of my new V12s detect slim randomly went off when I was using it. It supposes to stay on all the time, doesn’t it?

Does anyone encounter the same issue like mine?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @musicfairy,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your Dyson V12s Detect Submarine™ vacuum!

You’re right - in use, the dust illumination feature on the Soft roller cleaner head should remain on continuously. To determine what’s causing it to work intermittently, we'll need our Customer Care experts to take you through some simple troubleshooting checks when you have your machine fully charged and easily to hand. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to discuss your options with you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click Support for the contact details for Dyson Customer Care in your region.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!