Advice WANTED - I have a 12 + year old Dyson, should I repair or replace?? | Dyson Community
Solved

Advice WANTED - I have a 12 + year old Dyson, should I repair or replace??

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Lose of suction, took apart to clean and inspect found the internal hose within the ball showed 3 cracks in the small amount that is visible. You can only see once machine is turned over. My Dyson is 12 plus yrs old. I can not fix problem by myself so would need to find a service place or send back.  Is it worth to get fixed? Or should I just buy a new one? I’m concerned if I get it fixed will I continue to need replacement because of age of machine? Any insight would be very welcomed,  thank you, soccermom⚽️

(Moderation edit - Title Updated/Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Eagles 15 February 2023, 20:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Consider purchasing new.

A repair or replacement will only see you through a year. This is the maximum warranty provided.

Comparison chart for their outdated models.

These have a 5 year warranty as standard.

The latest models have more suction, better filtration and are more economical. 

Here are a few suggestions:

Dyson Ball™ Animal Multi-floor

Dyson Ball™ Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

You may want to consider purchasing a Cordless model. These are generally lighter, quicker to clean with and have a pretty good battery life. The only downside is the bin storage for dirt isn’t as large and a 2-year warranty. The ease of use outweighs this thought.

I have the Dyson Cyclone V10™ Vacuum Cleaner - Overview and would highly recommend it. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi there @Soccermomx1 

I’m happily echo what @Eagles shared, and toss my love for the Dyson cord-free machines into the ring. I have a Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy upright, which I have used a handful of times - and loved! It’s a very powerful machine, it picks up pet hair well (I have a small zoo in my home - guinea pigs and a rabbit), it’s got a nice, long cord to move about my home, and overall, it’s a great machine. We also have a V8 Absolute and I loved mine so much, I got one for my mom, too. My corded sits in my laundry room, patiently waiting to be used, while my V8 enjoys it’s daily use. I love how light in weight our cordless machines are. I can grab, and go from room to room with very little effort. I like that I don’t have to unplug a corded, and plug it up on another floor of the home. i will also echo the other poster, the dust cups are smaller on the cord-free machines, but emptying them it so easy, it’s definitely not a deal breaker. 

Thank you everyone.

I appreciate the help
Looking forward to my new vacuum