After purchase return...Customer service is Zero...polite but actioneless | Dyson Community
Solved

After purchase return...Customer service is Zero...polite but actioneless

• 23 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I have received a Ball animal multyfloor Dyson vacuum cleaner on 26 September.

I have used it twice and only after second use, I realised the wrist pain I have developed linked to use of the product. It is too heavy and impacting my wrist badly, after second use I have to take a painkiller to able to sleep at night.

On 10 October at 09:45, I have rung Dyson’s customer service team, was waiting for a connection  good 20 min before a nice and very polite gentlemen spoken to me and express all his apologies waiting time and my wrist issue. He reassured that DPD will soon contact me and collect the machine. The refund would follow shortly Dyson will get product back. I was very pleased with outcome and 20 min of waiting seems like worse it!

When one week later no one contacted me, on 17 October at 14:11, I have rung again. This time a nice polite lady was ever so sorry to hear no one contacted me and reassured that on Friday 20th October DPD will come and collect the machine. What a surprise, of course, I did stay all day at home waiting for DPD but no one came to collect or contacted me about reschedule the collection.

Today, I have sent e-mail to Dyson customer team...reply was short..they will not deal with my matter as this option of contact designated  for Businesses or Hair product. I have been suggested to ring again or use WhatsApp. I did ring again, the autoreply said that waiting time is 30 Min! WhatsApp sends me back to Website! Wonderful not!

I am absolutely discussed about this situation. It is stressing me out as I leave in a messy house. My wrist is till tender. Additionally, I am as everyone these days far too busy to spend my time chasing my money back for goods that are not adequate to use!

Being a loyal customer to Dyson company for 20 years, I truly regret I have bought this vacuum cleaner. Your Company is irresponsible, caring about sales only and a motor of the customer service is to  drag the situation as long as possible so the customers eventually to go away.

I will not go away. I need you to collect this vacuum cleaner and refund me so I can buy another vacuum which is friendly to use.

Regards, Valentina

icon

Best answer by Stuart 23 October 2023, 17:09

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Valentina 

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Dyson do challenge themselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologies for the experience you’ve had so far.

As the community team have limited to no access into customer account information, we wouldn’t be able to investigate this on your behalf.

I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with the customer service team. For whatever reason you’re unable to contact the team through the telephone, please use one of the other services listed on the ‘Contact Us’ page. I recommend using either WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps.  To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a conversation’.  

If you’d prefer, you may use the ‘Live Chat’ feature, this may yield a fast response time.  To do this, please navigate to your local Dyson Support page and click the purples button to speak to our Digital Assistant and enter a ‘Live Chat’.

Thanks, 

Stuart

One of the worst customer service experiences I've had after buying my first and last Dyson. I bought a Dyson fromCurrys and as soon as i used it i got a blister on my thumb knuckle. Rang your pitiful customer services who were absolutely awful. You charge extortionate amounts for hoovers and then don't want to hear about all the issues people are having.  Your customer service agent was appalling and extremely rude. Shame on Dyson.....you will reap what you sow,

And what kind of help is the above to this lady. 

(Moderation Edit - Content Edited inline with Community code of conduct - Community Guidelines / Code of Conduct | Dyson Community

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue!!! Unbelievably, unprofessional service. Feels like we have been scammed while we are dealing with a supposedly reputable company! I will never buy a product from them again. Not worth this trouble. Still waiting on the 48 hour email for a month and a half and no machine. Called every week and chatted with customer service. Same scam.