Cylinder Assembly Manual Available? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Cylinder Assembly Manual Available?

• 27 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Aside from the standard 16-page user manual that comes with the vacuum cleaner upon purchase, has Dyson also have available a assembly manual for the cylinder of the CY23 Big Ball [moulded red] vacuum cleaner?

I pulled apart the cylinder to clean every part, but upon reassembly the suction power is now nothing compared to what it was when purchased new last November.  Since reassembly the bin’s red lever rod is now about 1cm away from the bottom hatch’s latch despite the hatch’s rubber o-ring seal properly reinserted.

I phoned yesterday Dyson Australia Service Centre’s 1800 number but was met with a Philippino call centre customer service representative who said they’ll email me ove the next copuple of days but I don’t think I’ll receive word back from them, especially as my request was probably lost in translation.

Can instead Dyson head office, whether they’re located in UK or whereever on planet Earth possibly directly provide me such an assembly manual?

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @John Shepherd,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

From what you’ve described it does sound like a component or seal might be missing, damaged or out of place following reassembly

We don’t have any full assembly or repair guides to share for the cyclone pack or other parts of the machine, as this isn’t the kind of repair we’d ever ask a customer to complete themselves. Normally, these parts would only be dismantled by a qualified Dyson service technician during a scheduled repair.

All we can really suggest is replacing the cyclone pack, if this is likely to be where the issue lies. You can find replacement parts for your machine here.