Hair straightener charging issues - Out of Warranty Repair | Dyson Community
Solved

Hair straightener charging issues - Out of Warranty Repair

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

My straightener can’t keep a charge. It shuts off on hybrid mode after 45 sec despite being fully charged. When the cord is attached, it will stay on for the same amount of time, then turn back on, heat up again, and the cycle will continue. The time it works has continued to become less and less. I purchased the item 3 yrs ago, but it’s been giving me these issues for the past year. I finally called today, and was initially told I would have to drive it into a service center, even if it was under warranty, for it to be looked at bc it is likely the motor. I called back, and was told they only will receive the item by mail if under warrantee, otherwise you need to physically take the item to a service center for it to be assessed. Needless to say, I don’t live nearby - I live 6 hrs away. So I was basically told I can’t have the item fixed. This makes no sense to me. Online it says to call customer service for info on where to send items that aren’t working. Has anyone else been told you have to physically take the item in to be repaired? 
thanks

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added, Title Amended) 

icon

Best answer by samwise 29 March 2023, 09:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Nope. I guess it’s different depending on your country. In the UK they arrange collection and delivery. We just need to wait in for the courier to arrive.

Assuming you’re in the US, they have a dedicated web page for this exact question - https://www.dyson.com/support/repairs-and-servicing-information

You should be able to send the machine for repair, without the need to travel. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Have you tried their online diagnostic tool to make sure that it is the motor? Support | Dyson Corrale™ straightener (Nickel/Fuchsia) | Dyson

This might be a little late. This site has an article about run time on the straightener. There’s also an explanation to the hybrid mode. Dyson Corrale™ straightener: Six tips to help maximise run time

“”

Hybrid charge mode - Explained

In Hybris charge mode, your straightener adapts its power source. While heating up and styling your hair, it draws power from the battery and cable. Between passes, when the plates aren’t touching your hair, the cable charges the battery to help give you a longer run time. 

We recommend you fully charge the straightener between uses.