UP15 Bin Assembly | Dyson Community
Solved

UP15 Bin Assembly

• 4 January 2024
  • 5 replies

• Novice Member
  • 2 replies

I need to replace my UP15 small ball multi-floor bin assembly as the clip on the base lid has broken off.

Everywhere is out of stock. Is there another model that will be compatible with UP15. Apart from that the vacum works fine.

thanks ! 

icon

Best answer by Jack 19 January 2024, 11:06

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @kld,

Welcome to the Dyson Community. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had difficult finding a replacement clear bin assembly for your Dyson Small Ball™ upright vacuum.

For further information on availability for this part, I’d encourage you to talk directly to our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Badge +1

I need to replace my UP15 small ball multi-floor bin assembly as the clip on the base lid has broken off.

Everywhere is out of stock. Is there another model that will be compatible with UP15. Apart from that the vacum works fine.

thanks ! 

Try DC50. I’m sure bin assembly is the same on them.

We have the same problem with cleaner head. It’s been out of stock for months.

Thank you - it seems that the DC50 is also out of stock everywhere. I have had to buy a used one from eBay.

I think Dyson are phasing out corded vacuums in favour of cordless, which is a shame as I wouldn’t have one as the batteries don’t last long before you keep having to recharge.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @kld,

We’re no longer investing in developing new corded vacuums, but we do still include corded upright vacuums as part of our current floorcare range. Just to confirm, spare parts and servicing for the Dyson Small Ball™ upright are still available - some parts may be out of stock, but you can sign up to be notified by email when stock is added using the ‘Keep me updated’ button.

The latest Dyson Gen5detect™ cordless vacuums offer a runtime of up to 70 minutes, and include click-in batteries that can be swapped out for extended cleaning sessions. We do find many cordless vacuum owners prefer to use their machines for quick ad-hoc cleans whenever needed, rather than tackling the whole house in a single session - so we’ve engineered these machines for grab-and-go convenience!

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. I will put my name down to be notified for when parts come in stock, as they are not available & have not been for months.

Would you have any idea as to when this is likely to be ?
Many replacement part companies are saying it’s been months out of stock, with no idea when it’ll be back in stock.

It does seem on face value that Dyson are phasing these out with the difficulty many owners are experiencing in sourcing these parts.

I do not wish to have 2 vacuums - one for grab & go and another for getting the whole job done. I tried a battery one and it’s more inconvenient & not practical with batteries having to be changed/recharged especially when you use a boost.