Can I use Dyson OnTrac headphones with a wired connection? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hello!

I have a question about the Dyson OnTrac before purchasing it.

does it fit for dj’s?

does it have a cable connection?

thank you!

nModeration edit - title updated]

Hi @Ben200299,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

To use your Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones with a wired connection you’ll need the genuine Dyson Aux cable and in-flight adaptor, which you can order here.

Hope this helps!

Hello!

I have a question about the Dyson OnTrac before purchasing it.

does it fit for dj’s?

does it have a cable connection?

thank you!

nModeration edit - title updated]

hey brotha,

I use the OnTracs AND the Zones to DJ. They feel and sound great!

I used the Zones on a house party recently. The aux cable that comes with the zones will work on the OnTrac.

Looking great bro!

does the OnTrac come with a aux cable ir do i need to purchase it separately with the in flight adapter?

i got a launch day pair and it did NOT come with this cable @Jack listed. it DID come with the Zones which is why i have it, so yes you would need to purchase separately. 

by the by, im not an ambasdor for Dyson but brotha let me tell you these headphones ( the zone AND ontracs) are amazing!!! definitely worth it.

Hi @Ben200299,

To confirm what @ernables has said, Dyson OnTrac™️ headphones do not include the Aux cable and in-flight adaptor in the box, so these would need to be purchased separately if you plan to use your headphones with a wired connection.

Hi @Jack do you know where I could purchase this cable in the EU? (to avoid customs tax)

Where in the EU are you from? Usually this cable is listed under the accessories page for the ontracs besides the ear cushions and caps. 

I’m from Romania. I looked on the website and there is no cable, only the caps and cushions.

https://www.dyson.com.ro/produse/casti-ontrac/accesorii

I would buy it from another website (DE has it) but they don’t seem to ship internationally.

PS: the website is a complete navigation mess; a presentation & shop all in one, very difficult to understand how to navigate

I use the "my Dyson " app which is a bit more direct in getting me to items related to the headphones,  vs navigating the website. I'm in the US. 

Yeah, unfortunately my MyDyson app only has a link to the website on the Shop section:

The Romanian website really looks like a mess. I couldn’t find the cable either. But I’ve read on another thread that you can ping Dyson support to order such parts. I would give it a try.

I did, Support is sub-par, just some non-native person that uses Google Translate or something to engage through Whatsapp. The translated response came across so twisted that all I could understand was that they don’t have it.

Again, in modern corporate fashion, Support touch points are severely limited: Whatsapp (which I explained how it goes) and an automated Bot which only has some very pre-defined categories of products. Headphones and accessories are not in its list, they’re probably too new and the Bot hasn’t been updated recently.