Dyson Zone - Unboxing/Review | Dyson Community
Sticky SPOTLIGHTED POST

Dyson Zone - Unboxing/Review

Dyson Zone - Unboxing/Review
  • Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I came across this community while scrolling on Reddit! Great to see the Zone’s featured. Very extensive information, I specifically like the Dyson Zone™️ headphones: Getting started | Dyson Community post. 

I’m sure there’s a bunch of you already on Reddit, so you might have seen this review already. I thought I'd share it either way. (Dyson Zone) Love these things, the Air Purification works amazingly..

“The sound quality is better than the AirPods Max. The weight of the headphones do not bother me at all. I have had them on my head for over 6 hours with no pressure points.

Included cables are excellent quality with the ability to Charge and listen at the same time while wired.

No noticeable delay in audio, able to watch videos and movies.”

12 replies

Great read @Ed_chill. Good to see an honest and genuine review. Nice share! There’s a great industry review - it covers the purification and audio. Worth a watch!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @Ed_chill@JayJay,

Thanks for sharing this with the community!

I can’t think of a better place for this to be, then in our ‘Featured’ section of the homepage! Combined with our ‘Spotlighted Post’ tag, it should help it to stand out even more to our other owners. I’m sure we’ll see more reviews will be posted in no time 😀! 

While you wait for these to be posted, there’s one article which I think might help answer some questions around audio and purification. Give our Dyson Zone™️ headphones: Getting started article a read. 

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

i'm just not a fan of YT influencer videos. they are there to SELL the product and not really trustworthy in my opinion. At best they let their watchers know the device is out so good on dyson. Id rather ask real world people who have no skin in the game and purchase their own products.

I love these cans and have had them for a week. I use them inside the house, at the office, and when i go into certain shops here in LA. having purification and noise isolation really feels surreal when you are walking around but its really great! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

i'm just not a fan of YT influencer videos. they are there to SELL the product and not really trustworthy in my opinion. At best they let their watchers know the device is out so good on dyson. Id rather ask real world people who have no skin in the game and purchase their own products.

I love these cans and have had them for a week. I use them inside the house, at the office, and when i go into certain shops here in LA. having purification and noise isolation really feels surreal when you are walking around but its really great! 

I agree. I’ve found TY influencers highjack/bombard with other OFFERS, discounts against completely unrelated products. Using the view/popularity of the content to leverage their own interests. I value actual user reviews over influencers with something to gain. That said. I did find the CNET article noteworthy. https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/dyson-zone-review-we-test-the-1000-air-purifying-headphones/.

Great idea in theory, the first versions draw back is only offering 4 hours with air purification. Enough for commuting, but if you forget to charge it between relocation, it useless for that reason. Generally 4 hours is enough. The 50 hours audio/music makes up for it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Everyone,

@ernables has just shared their own review of the headphones. Check it out here - My review of the Dyson Zone Absolute+ air-purifying headphones (not an influencer).

If you’d like to leave your own review or ask any questions about the headphones, please do this in the comments below or by posting a conversations to the wider community here - Create a new topic

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 2
Badge

Completely agree as well. I try to avoid YT reviews at all costs…….also really happy with the headphones, very comfortable and the air is a very comfortable :) 

I’m not usually one to get blown away by “unboxing” a product. First impressions are positive. The creative design on the packaging draws you in - I almost didn’t want to remove the outer packaging! 

The hard case is beautiful, the headphones and visor fit in really easy!

Exciting the get started! I can’t wait to hear my music blaring out! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m not usually one to get blown away by “unboxing” a product. First impressions are positive. The creative design on the packaging draws you in - I almost didn’t want to remove the outer packaging! 

The hard case is beautiful, the headphones and visor fit in really easy!

Exciting the get started! I can’t wait to hear my music blaring out! 

I just wish that the case had a handle to carry the headphones! Would make it much easier. That said, Dyson just makes excellent quality goods. Some complained about the weight but I rather have good quality materials then plastic…...

Enjoy your new headphones!!!  

Follow up* 

Into the third week of ownership, and not surprisingly I am still enjoying the everyday use of these headphones. Pairing to most of the gadgets around my house, smart TV, Gaming PC and my tablet, I’m more than impressed with the results. I’ve used the purification on the odd occasion, although as I live near the country side, there’s not much need for it unless I am traveling into the local city.

More often than not I’ve stuck to using the audio option, over the audio and visor when outside of the house. While at times I do like to be in my own bubble. The ANC is great for this very reason. Unbeknown to me, wearing the visor in public has inadvertently started more conversations. People have shared their opinions with me. Popping it down to talk about the headphones defeats the purpose of wearing the visor.

Once more of these are out there, it will be normalised and I’d expect less questions. For now, ignorance is bliss.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

ive had mine over a month now and i use it every chance i get. in Los Angeles, air here is dirty and in hollywood where i work, there are LOTS of smells. i am waiting for the hard case you have (here in the US the absolute  model shipped with the large bin case with a strap) to be avail because i much rather have that one.

glad to see you are getting on well with it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Great idea in theory, the first versions draw back is only offering 4 hours with air purification. Enough for commuting, but if you forget to charge it between relocation, it useless for that reason. Generally 4 hours is enough. The 50 hours audio/music makes up for it. 

super late reply but i carry a slim power bank just for this issue. you can use the cans whilst it charges which is a plus in my book. i agree the battery life is not the best but this is an acceptable solution. version 2 hopefully will have longer life.