Dyson Purifier vs Dyson App - Connection issues | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier vs Dyson App - Connection issues

• 17 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’ve just bought a dyson pure hot + cool air purifier.

I’ve tried linking it through the app and it says my serial number isn’t correct but I’ve tried entering it multiple times and it says it’s wrong? 

Any help would be appreciated :)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 June 2023, 09:09

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @Addison,

Thank you for raising this with us. 

Strange - I am sure we can look at finding a solution.

My first suggestions is to visit Understanding which Dyson Air Treatment machine I own | Dyson Community and making sure that you have a machine that is connectable/compatible with the Dyson App. 

If it is, then doublecheck the serial code is being imported in the correct format. It should appear in a xxx-xx-xxxxxx format. 

lastly, check that you’re home WiFi is compatible with the connection journey. Our older generation only used a 2.4GHz network. Read more on this link - Connecting your Purifiers, Humidifiers and Heaters to the App.

Do let me know if you are still having an issue and I will rack my head on what else it could be. One of our other members may also have an idea. 

Best wishes, 

@Addison. If the purifier is broadcasting, I wouldn’t have thought it was an issue with the unit. maybe the serial is incorrect. I’ve never hear of that before, but anything's possible.