Dyson V11 Outsize Pulsing on Eco and Normal modes | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V11 Outsize Pulsing on Eco and Normal modes

• 8 January 2024
  • 4 replies

For over a year our V11 has been pulsating on Eco and Normal modes. There is significantly reduced suction on all modes but the pulsating stops on Boost mode. The machine is out of warranty but the fault occurred in year 3 and all attempts at self-fix have failed including replacing the filter, which was a pointless expense.

I note there is a recent post from 4 months ago on this exact matter with this same model and reporting that this is a known issue to Dyson on this model. Dyson accepted this was an issue with the main body of the machine and replaced the main body for the consumer as a fix. When I reported the same issue today to customer service, the answer was: ‘Tough luck as you are out of warranty. We will sell you a new body but we can’t tell you the price as we don;t have any, or we will repair it for you for £99.’ 

I think this is unfair and wondered if any other customers have had the same experience with either a happy or unhappy conclusion before I have to engage with the retailer John Lewis. This has severely damaged my trust in Dyson as a brand especially after 1 hr 08 on the phone.

icon

Best answer by Jack 19 January 2024, 10:48

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

@buyasharkThanks for the post. It may be possible to resolve this with troubleshooting.

The only cause of the pulsing you mentioned, as a machine design feature , is a blocked airway.

Some places may not be obvious. Please load up this video and follow along:

If the issue persists after that, there may be a deep clog in the cyclone. This would be due to the machine sucking up something very fine en masses, like powder or flour, etc.

In that case, you will need to replace the "main body cyclone" of your machine and your local support can help you order the correct part.

Thank you for your reply and I will watch the video. 

In the interests of clarity and fairness, can you please confirm: 1) that this is a known issue with this model? and 2) that your response has been identical to all your customers with this fault when out of warranty?

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @buyashark,

Thanks for your reply. As Adam has confirmed, the pulsing behavior of the machine’s motor to indicate a blocked airway is a design feature to alert you to the issue. For any Dyson owners requesting support in this instance, we would always recommend ensuring the filter isn’t overdue for a wash (appreciate you have replaced yours) and to thoroughly check the cleaner head, wand and bin inlet duct for any hidden blockages.

In normal domestic use, and when maintained according to the User guide, we wouldn’t expect this to be an issue that can’t be resolved. If the initial troubleshooting process hasn’t been able to get your machine up and running again, the next step would be to either replace an affected part following diagnostic checks with our Customer Care team, or to bring the machine in for a repair. Outside of the 2-year Dyson free parts and labour guarantee, replacement parts or a repair would be chargeable.

Hope this helps clarify things!

Jack

With the greatest respect, I can only assume you a bot (I can;t believe I am apologising to a bot). I read and understood what your colleague bot said to me in the previous message and this reply adds nothing. 

You have not answered either of my questions. Please try again to support me in this matter or I will take a separate path. 

This should be taken as a warning to other customers of poor customer service as you fail to acknowledge reasonable questions by literate customers.