Will dyson ever sell replacement batteries for the Zones? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Will dyson ever sell replacement batteries for the Zones?

• 29 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I was just kinda curious if Dyson would ever sell replacement batteries for the Zones? I saw in a teardown video that it is possible to pop off the metal covers which allows access to the batteries via a ribbon cable, however I am unable to find replacement batteries anywhere.

These headphones have been absolutely great so far, and I want to keep them going for as long as possible, however most Lithium-Ion batteries only last for around 2 years before they lose capacity which makes me nervous about the long term usability of the Zones.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

my opinion, but im pretty sure dyson will not sell batteries for replacement. someone less skilled as you will damage something and /or cause something to get damaged/set on fire. plus its a liability thing as the headphones were never designed to be “torn down” and the batteries replaced. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @IsaiahH,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The batteries which power the Dyson Zone™ headphones are replaceable, as you’ve mentioned. This is something you can arrange via Dyson Customer Care if you’re ever concerned that the batteries need replacement.

To speak with Dyson Customer Care in your region, visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation with our Customer Care team.

Hope this helps!

my opinion, but im pretty sure dyson will not sell batteries for replacement. someone less skilled as you will damage something and /or cause something to get damaged/set on fire. plus its a liability thing as the headphones were never designed to be “torn down” and the batteries replaced. 

That makes sense. I think it would be cool if they partnered with someone like Ifixit to make replacement parts available for not only the Zones, but other Dyson products as well. Sense I don’t think there would be any kind of liability if they partnered and sold through Ifixit’s website.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

That makes sense. I think it would be cool if they partnered with someone like Ifixit to make replacement parts available for not only the Zones, but other Dyson products as well. Sense I don’t think there would be any kind of liability if they partnered and sold through Ifixit’s website.

agree ! good points made here...