Dyson Airwrap - US model doesn’t work in Europe (Azerbaijan) | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap - US model doesn’t work in Europe (Azerbaijan)

• 23 October 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody. Husband purchased for me Dyson Airwrap from US and we live in Azerbaijan. So i cannot use it here, because my dyson is not working here. Assistant from website advised to use it with universal voltage adapter. I bought Samsonite adapter from US also, but it doesn’t work with adapter also. What can I do? I would like to change it to Europe model in Turkey, but assistant from Turkey said that, they cannot do it because US warranty is not available in Turkey. What to do?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 24 October 2022, 09:41

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Revana8811

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. 

As this is a very niche situation, it isn’t something which I believe other members would have experience of. I therefore thought it best that I reply. 

We currently we don’t recommend traveling overseas with the Dyson Airwrap as they are intended for use only in the country where they’re sold. This is due to possible voltage differences, and adapters and converters aren’t recommended. Read more about this on our Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler - Can I use it abroad/overseas? article.

With that in mind, taking into consideration your location, the market of purchase and the request of facilitating an exchange, this matter would need to be investigated by our local team(s). As the Airwrap was purchased in the US, you would need to contact them directly and discuss the situation.

I recommend that you contact this team via their ‘Live chat’ feature. One of the market advisers would then be able to look into this matter, offering a confirmation on what service they will be able to offer. To do this, navigate to www.dyson.com/support, scroll to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 1

Dear @Stuart ,

thanks for your reply. But first of all, I would like to give a question: then why you sell Dyson Airwrap with it’s travel bag if we cannot travel with it. 
and now about my situation. As i said, I’ve contacted to US live chat, one of your assistants recommended me to use adapter, therefore I’ve purchased adapter. And also assistants from UK and Turkey also recommended adapter. But when I’ve talked to another US assistant today, she said that it’s not recommended to use adapter. Now, what is the problem between your assistants? Why they don’t know is it recommend to use it or not? Between i’ve correspondences with them. 
now, about exchange. Today your assistant from US said that you’ve international exchange policy and i can change my dyson to Europe version in Turkey (attached screenshot of chat). But Turkey says that they cannot change it because US warranty is not available there. Now, what should i do? We paid 660$ for machine, and now should pay 2000$ for flight to change or return it? 
Again ask to arrange for me to change it in Turkey. 

sincerely,

Revana Aliyeva 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Revana8811 

Thanks for the follow up question.

The Travel pouch enables owners to conveniently stores their machine and three attachments, for when they’re on the move. 

In terms of the advice you’ve received across markets, I can confirm as per the compliance leaflet provided with the machine, we instruct that it is not operated with a voltage converter. I will raise this with our Contact Agents globally and ensure any advise given, is compliant.

I really do empathise, the machine you’ve purchased works on a slightly different voltage then your country, and that within rest of the world. This is the same for most, if not all electrical appliances purchased in the US region. 

That said, as it seems you’ve received conflicting information, I would like to personally look into this matter. I will shortly drop you a Private Message through the platform requesting further information. This information is that which we ask you not to share via the community domain, such as personal date. 

Speak shortly, 

Stuart.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

The voltage is vastly different in the United States as that throughout Europe and some Asian markets. 

For example, the standard UK voltage is 240v, whereas the United States standard voltage is 120v.
There are some devices that work as dual-voltage, between 110v to 240v, making them suitable for use across continents. However, many larger appliances or those involving a heating element may not work all together. This is because of the vast energy draw. 

This is something that a vast amount of electrical manufactures have been unable to resolve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Revana8811

It was lovely to hear from you over private message. 

Thank you for confirming that the local team supported you. It’s great that you now have a functioning product.

If you need help with using or wanted any tips on styling with your Airwrap™ multi-styler, can I recommend visiting our Achieving your style guide and Hair care category

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hello, @Stuart! Unfortunately, I have the same issue. I have purchased a Dyson multi-styler at the US store and it is not working in my country (Georgia). I have tried to contact US support, but they only redirect me to UK support and the UK support redirects me to US support again. I have no idea if my problem can be solved, I am also would like to request my Dyson replacement. Unfortunately, I can not send Dyson back to the US due to big shipping duties + I already have paid major taxes in my country for this Dyson. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @lembolovo9 

I’m based in the US, and I can confirm, if you have a US device and have taken that out of the country, we cannot provide service - we are only able to supply parts or repairs (if possible) within warranty, and can only ship within the US as well. If you did need an exchange for any reason, via the US market, we’d only be able to provide another US device. We don’t carry any machines intended for use outside of the US, with exception of the Corrale, which has universal voltage capabilities (except for use in Japan). 

The international exchange policy may vary across markets. Here in the US we did previously have a policy in place where if you relocated here from another country, we would have been able to exchange your international model for a US model.  However, due to stock restraints caused by the pandemic and global chip shortage, Dyson US is no longer able to honor these requests. As this is not a warranty claim but rather an exception, Dyson US does reserve the right to cancel, amend or otherwise modify this policy without advance notice. I can further confirm that the warranty is in place for manufacturing defects, and relocating or purchasing a machine in another country is not a manufacturing defect.

If you still have questions, just let us know. 

Hello @lembolovo9 

I’m based in the US, and I can confirm, if you have a US device and have taken that out of the country, we cannot provide service - we are only able to supply parts or repairs (if possible) within warranty, and can only ship within the US as well. If you did need an exchange for any reason, via the US market, we’d only be able to provide another US device. We don’t carry any machines intended for use outside of the US, with exception of the Corrale, which has universal voltage capabilities (except for use in Japan). 

The international exchange policy may vary across markets. Here in the US we did previously have a policy in place where if you relocated here from another country, we would have been able to exchange your international model for a US model.  However, due to stock restraints caused by the pandemic and global chip shortage, Dyson US is no longer able to honor these requests. As this is not a warranty claim but rather an exception, Dyson US does reserve the right to cancel, amend or otherwise modify this policy without advance notice. I can further confirm that the warranty is in place for manufacturing defects, and relocating or purchasing a machine in another country is not a manufacturing defect.

If you still have questions, just let us know. 

Am I right that there are no chances for me to replace or return the device except for shipment to the USA back? Unfortunately, there is no authorized Dyson seller in Georgia (only some local resellers, but I do not trust them), that's why I purchased the device from the USA to ensure that I get quality products and services.

@Stuart Could I ask you for a little explanation? I wondering why my device can not be replaced, but Revana had it replaced 2 months ago. @kellym saying that it is not possible due to the pandemic and chip shortage, but it seems that such problems started much more than 2 months ago. I do not argue that our situation (as Revana’s situation) is specific, but I just want to know why someone was helped, but someone was not =(

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @lembolovo9 

If you made a purchase in the US, the only way to be able to return that for a refund, would be to ship it back to a friend or relative who resides in the US, so we can issue a prepaid return label, or pay to ship the unit back to Dyson in the US. We cannot offer our shipping labels to international addresses. If you did decide to return the unit yourself, you would want to use a trackable method. Again with international exchanges, we have made exceptions in the past, but the supply chain issues as well as low stock levels prohibit us from offering international exchanges at this time. If you are NOT in the US, and reside in another country, you’d need to contact Dyson there directly, to see what their policies are. They may very well differ from what we’re able to offer here in the US. 

Best wishes

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @lembolovo9

@kellym Is correct. While there was an instance in the past, where another owner highlighted the return and exchange of their machine through a local channels, this agreement was made by the respective market and was ultimately outside of our control. In this instance, the user made travel arrangements and exchanged their machine. 

As a condition of their exchange, I believe they were asked to provide a valid proof of purchase, which was made directly through Dyson, providing a receipt of their order, including order number and details. 

To find a resolution to this matter, I suggest speaking directly with the market you wish for this exchange to take place in. Providing the same details as the pervious user. The market will be able to confirm if they are able to arrange this for you. 

The best way to speak to one of our agents, is through the WhatsApp feature. Here you’ll be able to share the necessary documentation and discuss the possibilities of an exchange. I suggest visiting the www.dyson.com link, navigating to the country selector at the bottom of the page and selecting the country. Once here, select the ‘Support’ option in the top navigation bar and continue to the ‘Contact Us’ section. 

I hope this helps. 

Stuart.