Problem with dust leakage - Dyson Small Ball Vacuum Cleaner | Dyson Community
Solved

Problem with dust leakage - Dyson Small Ball Vacuum Cleaner

• 24 March 2023
  • 2 replies

My Dyson Upright Small Ball Vacuum Cleaner is leaving lines of dust at the edge. Has anyone else had this problem?

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 25 March 2023, 19:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Retro.51 

If your vacuum is leaving dirt behind, or even spitting dirt back out while cleaning, it’s usually due to a blockage. It sounds like you’re experiencing this from the base of your machine, so we would suggest having a look at this video here, on removing blockage from the cleanerhead. This is also a great time to check and make sure the brush bar is free from any hair or longer fibers wrapped around it. You can also check to make sure the brush bar can turn freely by hand. 

This should resolve your issue. If you find that you still have trouble with debris getting left behind, then please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Retro.51. No. I can’t say that I have. It does sound like the dirt isn’t being collected. Checking for something blocking the head might be a good place to start. 

Another suggestion. You might want to check the brush bar for anything tangle around it and that you’ve washed the filters in the last few months 😅!