Dyson Big Ball Turbine Head - rotating bar not turning | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Dyson Big Ball Turbine Head - rotating bar not turning

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi

The rotating bar on our Turbine Head Assembly that goes with our Dyson Big Ball (2 years old) is no longer working, so we can’t clean our carpets any more. The original part looked a bit ragged so we bought a new one but that didn’t work either. We then got a refund and got a second new one and, yes, you guessed right, that didn’t work either! 

I’ve done all the common sense things to identify a problem: washed the filter, checked for blockages and there’s nothing obvious cause. The machine is producing a powerful suction so I’m at a loss to know whey the bar  / brushes aren’t turning. 

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks! :)

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Flossie1,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

This does sound odd. All the steps you’ve taken so far are what we’d normally recommend to troubleshoot and resolve the situation. If the issue isn’t with the Turbine head itself, it would usually be due to the performance of the machine - so we’d suggest checking for blockages and giving the filter a wash.

As the issue’s occurred with multiple replacement Turbine heads, the next best step would be to chat to our Customer Care team directly so they can walk through through some more in-depth troubleshooting. It sounds like you should be within the Dyson guarantee period, and if a repair is needed they can help you arrange this.

The fastest way of getting in touch with our experts is via Live Chat through our Digital Assistant. Once you’ve clicked the round purple button on Dyson.com you can start a conversation with an agent by clicking the agent icon at the bottom left of the chat window.

I’m confident we can get you up and running again!