v12 slim detect cyclone mesh clogging | Dyson Community
Solved

v12 slim detect cyclone mesh clogging

• 18 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Customer service have just told me this is perfectly normal nothing wrong with my machine despite telling the agent I’ve followed the trouble shooting and maintenance advice on the app and problem is still persisting! So apparently the new way to clean your v12 bin is by physically using your hands to pull down the hair and dust wrapped around the mesh??? Can anyone help? How did you resolve this and what am I doing wrong? Deep clean has been conducted as per customer service advice but problem still remains. Problem started gradually with small amounts of hair and dust gathering at the top and now this is how it collects regularly. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 23 April 2024, 15:02

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Nureen

Welcome to the Dyson Community! 

Normally this type of debris would be captured by the outer cyclone and flung to the bottom of the clear bin as you vacuum. As it’s clinging straight to the perforated metal shroud instead, this suggests either a blockage or a filter that’s overdue for a wash is preventing airflow from moving through the machine as fast as it should be.

In addition to making sure the filter unit has been thoroughly washed with water and allow to air-dry completely, we’d also recommend thoroughly checking the floor tool, wand and bin inlet for any obstructions:

If this doesn’t help, you’ll need to continue your conversation with our Customer Care experts in your region. If a replacement part or a repair is needed, they’ll be able to discuss your options with you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.