Corrale Straightener: Flying in Canada | Dyson Community

Corrale Straightener: Flying in Canada

• 1 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Just a heads up, the Canada airport security would not permit me to bring this through.  Apparently they are of the view that it exceeds the Canadian regulations for the size of the battery.  It can not go in checked luggage, and they will not permit it in carry on.  You should leave this at home if you are travelling in Canada.

We were able to leave it at lost and found to get upon our return, but you might not get so lucky.

Anonymous 10 months ago

@Phank 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Normally the machine gets accepted abroad as we add the flight ready tag.

Kindly follow the below link here to read more about the ICAO regulation that makes sure your machine is flight safe.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to drop any comments.

Regards, 

View original

3 replies

@Phank 

Thank you for raising this with us.

Normally the machine gets accepted abroad as we add the flight ready tag.

Kindly follow the below link here to read more about the ICAO regulation that makes sure your machine is flight safe.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to drop any comments.

Regards, 

I’ve seen this morning than once. The straighteners are 180/200watt. I think some airlines are now recommending travel with 160watt or less. Let’s hope Dyson are aware and are working on a fix or investigating. 

In some ways it is a little immaterial whether it's theoretically possible or compliant with the rules.  My experience was that the security at the airport in Canada had made up their minds about it, and it was not coming through the security check (and checking with the airlines or showing them the website wasn't changing their minds).  Considering you are at their whim, it's just easier to leave it at home than to worry about whether you can get it through or not (because of course if you can't, you are leaving a very expensive item either abandoned or - and I think I was lucky - trusting that the security will turn it into lost and found)