Dyson Supersonic - Loud CLANK and then switched off - Any ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Supersonic - Loud CLANK and then switched off - Any ideas?

Hi,

I have a brand new Supersonic (three days old) and my girlfriend was drying her hair this morning (used it for the third time or so). It was on maximum heat.

After less than a minute it stopped blowing, the LEDs were blinking, then it clacked and the dryer turned off. It does not turn on again and does not show any sign of life, no LED, nothing. 

Can this less than a minute on highest temperature already lead to the dryer switching itself off due to overheating? Seems a little short. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Eagles 8 May 2023, 20:19

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Brand new and unboxed. Grounds for a faulty unit! Take it back to the retailer for an exchange or refund. As a side note, they don’t all act this way. The wife has a Dyson hair dryer, going on 3 years with an issue. I’d say it was just bad luck in your case. 

Hello @bernhardinjo

This might be a problem. Maybe not. Has your girlfriend tried Dyson support/troubleshooting?! Give this a try - https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/hair-care/hair-dryers.

You could also check the voltage. 

Maria

😃

I called Dyson and it seems like a defective unit out of the box. I sent it back and will get a replacement.