Request for Resolution and Discount Adjustment | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

I am writing to express my disappointment with the service surrounding my recent purchase. On 07/10, I placed an order, applying a discount code your website had available. Unfortunately, this transaction has been overshadowed by a series of delivery issues that have caused significant frustration.

I opted to collect the item from my nearest post office—a secure address—yet the courier failed to deliver the package on the first attempt. There was no notification of the failed delivery, contrary to your stated delivery policy, and the package was returned less than 24 hours after this "attempt." I was not given any opportunity to retrieve the order or take action before it was sent back.

When I contacted your customer service team for assistance, the agent I spoke with was unable to offer a solution other than re-placing an order with no mention of the discount, citing procedural constraints. I am left wondering what your process is for customers in my situation as a refund is not a resolution when I wanted the item at the price I paid for originally. Also I see in the community that a few people have issues with deliveries. So if I were to place a new order and the same issue recurred, what would your company’s response be?

The fact remains that the initial failure lies with the courier—who you selected—and not with me as the customer. It is highly unusual that an order intended for collection would be returned without proper notice and within such a short window. This is clearly an internal issue that needs to be addressed to prevent future problems for other customers.

Despite this, I am still interested in receiving the Dyson hair dryer I originally ordered, at the same price I paid using the discount code. It is unfair for me to have to place a new order at a higher price due to circumstances entirely beyond my control. I trust that as a reputable company, you will uphold the original price and take responsibility for the failed delivery.

In light of the inconvenience and poor experience, I believe an additional goodwill discount would be appropriate, considering the frustration this situation has caused.

I look forward to your prompt resolution of this matter and hope to see it handled swiftly and fairly.

Thanks

Order no: 1506081432

Hi @ag3o,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information. Please check your Dyson Community private message inbox and provide the details requested.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Hi @ag3o,

Just to follow up, I understand our UK team should now have been in touch with you to help resolve this situation?

I’m glad we’ve been able to sort things out, but you’re welcome back here at the Dyson Community if you need further support or advice at any point!