Anyone know which Dysons can be used abroad - Specifically from Japan to Italy? | Dyson Community
Solved

Anyone know which Dysons can be used abroad - Specifically from Japan to Italy?

• 20 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Does the Japanese Dyson works in Italy? 
Are there any voltage converter?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 24 July 2023, 20:24

View original

3 replies

It really depends on which Dyson you’re looking to use….

Userlevel 5

Yes. Some will work, where others won’t. If you can tell which on you are taking, maybe we can help… 

Hello @Silvi 

The quick and easy answer here is no. 

Our machines have been precisely engineered for operating at the voltage of the country in which they were manufactured for and purchased in. When considering taking any of these products outside of the country they were manufactured for use in, where the same electrical voltage isn’t applied, they may become inoperable. Please follow the guidance on usage in the guarantee sections of the User guide.

For example. Those products manufactured for use in the United Kingdom operate on 230V and 50Hz (Voltage range of 216.2V to 253.0V), whereas the those manufactured in the United States of America operate on 120V and 60Hz. Due to this difference, a product manufacture for use in one country, may become inoperable in another. 

There are some exclusions from this, such as the use of Cordless vacuum cleaners and those other products with an internal battery - Including the Dyson headphone and the Dyson Corrale hair straightener.

Here’s some content to help you get started:

1. The Dyson Airstrait™ straightener, Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler and Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas?
  2. How do I use the headphone on a domestic or international flight?
  3. Can I use my Cordless vacuum cleaner abroad/overseas?

Hope this helps.