Dyson Customer Support Germany | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Customer Support Germany

• 13 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a Dyson V15 Absolute Detect cordless vacuum cleaner under warranty. The device ceased to function correctly and on 08.05.24, I called Dyson Customer Support in Germany where I live and where the device is registered. They told me that they would order the replacement and I was given a case number.

After 10 days or so the order was cancelled on 20.05.24 because they did not have stock. They then sent an email on 23.05.24 offering to exchange it. So, I immediately sent it back to Dyson in Duisburg and it was received there just before 01.00 on 24.05.24.

I did not hear further from them, so I called on 05.06.24 and told them. The representative looked into it and said sorry, our mistake, we sent it to Italy and again apologised and confirmed it was their mistake. He then, rightly or wrongly, created a new case number and told me that I would receive an email within 2 days confirming a new order for the replacement. No email was received.

I called again on 07.06.24 and again I was promised I would quickly receive an email that would confirm a new order. I received nothing. So, I called again after a couple of days and the representative, after a long conversation said that while on the phone, she had contacted her Team Leader and he/she that it would now take 10 working days. I objected to this because the case was already more than 10 working days old. She said there is absolutely nothing she could do to escalate it, she said it was impossible. I challenged this but to no avail.

So, I called again on 11.06.24 and the woman told me that she could after my last contact, now see in the system that an order had indeed been placed on the evening of 10.06.24 and that I will receive an email from DHL late on 11.06.24 (that evening) or the next day with a tracking number. I asked her for the order number, but strangely she did not have it, only the case number.

Today on the 13.06.24 I still have nothing from Dyson, so I called again. The representative told me she has no record at all that my device was sent to Italy (only that they did receive it in Duisburg, Germany on 24.05.24) and there was no record that a new order had been placed, contrary to what I had been told unequivocally on 11.06.24. She had no idea why this information was missing from my case, perhaps the other representatives have access to more information than her, she said. She promised to escalate it for me. She told me she had been told to tell customers that it could be now 12 working days or 3 weeks to get action. Well, my case is 5 weeks old now. Frankly all this is ridiculous. From 08.5.24 to 13.06.24 I still have NOTHING from Dyson, Germany to tell me when I will receive a new vacuum cleaner. I believe I may have been lied to by Dyson and this experience has totally destroyed my trust in the company. The vacuum cleaner should not have broken anyway after less than a year of use. CAN ANYONE HELP, PLEASE? I need to get my vacuum cleaner back.

icon

Best answer by Jack 13 June 2024, 13:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kenners,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience so far with us.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information, and I’ll look forwards to hearing from you.

Dear Jack

Thank you for your reply. I have provided you with all the details you asked for and hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards. Kenners

Thank you Jack.

I want to thankfully report that Dyson Customer Support called me on Thursday and advised me that the new vacuum cleaner would be delivered on that day. It was. Unfortunately, I had received no email or phone advice from Dyson or DHL that this was happening, so I had no idea it was finally in the pipeline. Fortunately, the employee who called was able to give me the tracking number over the phone so I could monitor the delivery.

Subsequent to all this, today, two further different representatives of Dyson Germany called me to apologise for all the trouble and to check I had received the vacuum cleaner and that all was fixed, and one has organised a gratis Hepa Filter for the vacuum cleaner as a goodwill gesture, which I appreciate.

From these calls I appreciate that Dyson is doing its best to make up for all the trouble and hopefully it has helped to highlight some issues that needed to be addressed more broadly within their Customer Service. It has certainly helped me in restoring my faith in the good name of Dyson.

Best regards and thank you again for your invaluable support.

Jeff

PS...I forgot to mention that also today one of the representatives who called granted me a 2-year guarantee on the new vacuum cleaner instead of 1-year, for which I am also very grateful.