Dyson V12 Detect Review | Dyson Community

Dyson V12 Detect Review

As a long-standing Dyson customer, I have owned a variety of products, including the Dyson Outsize Plus, V12 Detect, Dyson V8 Animal, and the widely discussed Dyson DC35 (as seen on YouTube). Regrettably, all these products have exhibited design and ergonomic defects. Here are the specific issues I have encountered with the Dyson V12 Detect:

Fluffy Optic Cleaner Head: The purple flexible part of the cleaner head has a design defect that leads to premature wear and tears. Within a year, due to friction with the outer enclosure, large tears have developed on both sides of the plastic flexible housing, resulting in a significant decrease in suction.

Bin Design: The bin's design is too narrow, which necessitates constant manual cleaning, regardless of the fill level. After each use, hair and other debris must be manually removed. This process involves removing the bin, cleaning the entire air inlet, and the surrounding area, which is unsanitary and inconvenient.

Hair Screw Tool: The performance of this tool falls short compared to previous versions. It requires an excessive number of passes to remove animal hair from sofa surfaces.

Wall Dock: The screws and plastic anchors provided for mounting the dock are inadequate to support the weight of the device securely. Every dock for each Dyson product I have owned has detached from the wall.

Backflow of Debris: All these cordless vacuums have an unforgivable issue of debris backflow when turned off or returned to its dock. Regardless of the fill level and absent of any obstruction, granular debris flows back down the wand.

The core issue is that Dyson prioritizes aesthetics over durability and ergonomics. This is evident in the electrical design defect with the Dyson DC35, the fragile plastic shell of the Dyson V8 Animal, the design and use of cheap materials in the V12 Detect, and the extreme wrist fatigue when using the Dyson Outsize Plus. Incidentally, the problem encountered with the Dyson V8 Animal was durability. The unit slid off the side of my bed, on the floor and cracked the main body near the handle from side-to-side. Threw it in the garbage. Post-sales is another concern as customers are usually forced to source parts from third-party suppliers. 4 Dyson products and these will be the last. Unfortunately, the exorbitant price does not align with durability and support. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!