Dyson V12 Detect Slim Absolute filter | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V12 Detect Slim Absolute filter

• 18 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I really disappointed with my new Dyson V12 Detect Slim Absolute, all the time asking me to clean my filter. The Dyson help customer service not helping at all. First I was accused that not employing my vacuum, later that filter is faulty I got new filter and the same after using 2-3 times asking again to clean filter. I longer waiting for my filter to dry than using the vacuum. Now they advised that filter should be cleaned every 3-4 uses. This is ridiculous. They do not advising this on website . Website states ‘The LCD screen on your machine will remind you when it's time to clean your filter. This will usually be around once a month, but may be more frequent if you use your machine more heavily.’ So now I left with vacuum that I cannot even vacuum my whole 4 bedroom house without washing filter and waiting 24 hours to dry.  Can anyone help or have the same issue?

icon

Best answer by Jack 21 May 2024, 17:02

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Filter123,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

I’m sorry to hear your Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ vacuum is displaying the filter wash notification excessively, despite the machine being regularly maintained.

This doesn’t sound right, and I’ve reached out directly for some further information.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you!

Yes I have the same issue, although on inspection of the filter, it does require cleaning.  The solution is…. a second filter. One on and one in the airing cupboard drying.

Dyson should consider bundling a second filter with each new machine.

Regards

SteveJ