Dyson V8 vs V8 absolute. Sales price and tool difference. | Dyson Community

Dyson V8 vs V8 absolute. Sales price and tool difference.

• 3 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Dyson is selling same model V8 & V8 absolute for the same price. Well a week ago the V8 was $349 so I purchased it. Now the V8 absolute is $349 and guess what!! So is the V8 still. How does this make sense? The V8 absolute comes with SO MANY more accessories. 

So I reached out to customer service. They would rather me exchange the whole thing instead of just sending me the accessories I’m missing. WHY. Make it make sense Dyson. 

I asked how much the hardwood tool is on its own $110!!! That’s really the tool I’m missing. Insanity. All this just to get the hardwood tool and the same vacuum back. 

Now I have to pack and ship my V8 and wait til they receive my return and then they will ship the V8 absolute. Talk about terrible for the environment 

this is so silly!! I could have done this myself by purchasing the V8 absolute and returning my V8 on my own without the exchange wait. Useless customer service. 

& the V10 is only $50 More. 

make it make sense!!!

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category/Tags added)

Anonymous 1 year ago

I had an almost identical experience with Apple last week. I know first hand just how darn frustrating it is.

It’s an unfortunate result of their supply chains. Prior to manufacturing, packaging and eventual shipment into the global markets. Business agree on particular Stock Keeping Unit, otherwise known as SKU. This is assigned by retailers to products, helping them keep track of stock internally. Noting it arrives from a warehouse ready for distribution. Each is made up of different components. In Dyson’s case, this details which tools are associated with their products. 

I imagine this is why they are unable to unbox another product or provide tools outside of what’s been determined as included in your SKU and why you’d need to return it.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

I had an almost identical experience with Apple last week. I know first hand just how darn frustrating it is.

It’s an unfortunate result of their supply chains. Prior to manufacturing, packaging and eventual shipment into the global markets. Business agree on particular Stock Keeping Unit, otherwise known as SKU. This is assigned by retailers to products, helping them keep track of stock internally. Noting it arrives from a warehouse ready for distribution. Each is made up of different components. In Dyson’s case, this details which tools are associated with their products. 

I imagine this is why they are unable to unbox another product or provide tools outside of what’s been determined as included in your SKU and why you’d need to return it.