The Dyson V11 won’t turn off - help! | Dyson Community
Solved

The Dyson V11 won’t turn off - help!

• 2 August 2023
  • 3 replies

We bought a Dyson V11 from QVC some time ago to vacuum our new hardwood floor we were installing in just one roo.  Unfortunately we were delayed in laying the floor and the Dyson sat in a box for quite some time.  The QVC return policy had expired.  We finally finished the job and started using the Dyson to vacuum the one roo.  We did this four times….FOUR TIMES BEFORE THE DYSON WOULDN’T TURN OFF.  That’s over $100 per sweep.  We were advised to make sure the battery screws were seated tightly.  We loosened the screws one-by-one and re-tightened each one.  When we reached the last screw and loosened it, a teaspoon of small plastic bits fell out of the hole.  Now it is held together with a very thick, large rubber band hanging from the Dyson floor stand. That’s a very short life for a product that claims a ten year life.  Totally unacceptable.  Now, what do I do?

Zeliegal

icon

Best answer by Charliebrown 2 August 2023, 09:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Dyson provide a 2-year warranty for their stick vacs - They should look to repair or replace the machine for free in this time. This is written in the terms and conditions. Thankfully, there have been several posts where other members pointed out the ease for replacement and fix of these cleaner. 

The Battery, Trigger/Handle and Charger are the main components, and the swap out is straightforward. If I were you, I’d call Dyson and have them replace the Trigger/Handle part. They should be able to do this within a few days of order it. 

Good Luck :) 

(Moderation edit - Amended text formatting) 

100% something Dyson should be fixing. Either a part replacement or repair. use this link to contact them Visit Dyson.com

I was having the same problem with my V11 Animal Stick vac and eventually, it got to where it wouldn’t come on at all. Since it was no longer under warranty, I tried to troubleshoot in the support section of the of the website, and it was determined I needed a new power head.  Eventually, I found out a new power head would cost $99.95 and I was all set to order one but I wanted to make sure I had the correct model.  One of the questions that you have to answer is “Is your battery a click in or screw-in?”.  Since I had no idea which it was, I was trying to pull the battery out and, lo and behold, as I was pulling on the battery at the filter end, it came out just a tiny bit and the vacuum turned on!! When I pushed it back in, the vacuum turned off!!  So now, when I want to turn it on, I pull the battery out a little and ig comes on and when I’m done, I push it back in!!  AND, also, now it will turn on and off by pressing and releasing the trigger!!  Someone at Dyson needs to know this!!