Dyson won't stand up because the wheels don't drop down - Any suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson won't stand up because the wheels don't drop down - Any suggestions?

• 18 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Usually when we've finished vacuuming we just stand the machine up and the wheels drop down, but it stopped doing this 2 days ago. 

I'm pretty handy and like to fix things when they break, so started looking in to the problem. 

I removed the cover over the filter and motor to get a better view. On operating the mechanism I could see a clear plastic "cog" that had a piece broken off it. I can probably glue this back together but it won't last very long so is like to buy a new one - but I can't see they part listed anywhere.

Can anybody advise on how I can buy this part? 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 May 2023, 11:23

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

The Axlestand spring maybe?

Give How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community a try. I repair and replace parts on my aging vacuums, PartCentre are reliable and have great stock for old dyson products. 

Hi James,

I’ve found a clear plastic “cog” that sits on the side of the ball - it had broken. I’ve glued it but I know it won’t last 5 minutes so have been trying to find the replacement part. Do you have an exploded parts diagram for the ball area?

Thanks

Andy

This is the part I need - can't see it on the parts list. 

Seems a very delicate part and likely to break as the plastic ages.

The part might not be sold separately. Smaller components are usually part of assembly’s. 

This is the Yok Service Assy - note the white plastic on the left. 

I’m starting to wonder if I should cast a metal one to replace it. I’ve seen ones for a DC40 online - ranging in price from £2.50 - upwards but I’ve asked and apparently, although they look the same they are not.

May I ask - where are you getting the diagrams?

Thanks

Andy

Online. Search Google for Dyson Schematics. Various sites have these uploaded, I just trawl until I find the one I’m after.