The worst Machine ever - Feedback | Dyson Community

The worst Machine ever - Feedback

• 21 May 2023
  • 9 replies

This machine does have great suction, but that is all it has. The attachments are not user friendly, and it will NOT stand up on its own. Takes me about 15 tries to get it to stand upright by itself. This is REDICULOUS! It gets clogged and you have to tear it apart to reach anything. This machine was made by a man NO doubt. 

Anonymous 10 months ago

Hello @Penny Dew , 

It's always nice to see our members engaging. I thought I'd just step in and add to the information given.

For the loss of suction, this is usually caused by a blockage in the machine. With this the machine will not perform as it should. I've added a link below so that you can follow the guided steps here to ensure that this is checked.

I've also added the below link with a guide to set up the attachments for your upright vacuum. 

If the steps above does not resolve the matter, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

9 replies

Umm, which Dyson do you own? I’ve never had a problem with ours! 

Yes. Knowing the model would help. 

It is a Dyson slimball for animal

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

A corded upright should lock into place to stand upright. If it’s not, there can be something stuck in the hose that won’t allow it to lock. Or, there could be an issue with the stabilizer. Have you contacted support for assistance? That’d be a great starting place - they can help walk you through some troubleshooting. 

Give their online help a spin. The troubleshooting piece provides details on how to rectify problems. These could also help. Dyson YouTube

Hello @Penny Dew , 

It's always nice to see our members engaging. I thought I'd just step in and add to the information given.

For the loss of suction, this is usually caused by a blockage in the machine. With this the machine will not perform as it should. I've added a link below so that you can follow the guided steps here to ensure that this is checked.

I've also added the below link with a guide to set up the attachments for your upright vacuum. 

If the steps above does not resolve the matter, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

It will NOT stand up on it’s own I have to lean it against the wall and attachments does not work!

(Edited by moderator – sensitive information removed)  

Thanks for your response @Penny Dew 

If the machine does not stand upright, and you followed all the steps we provided it needs to be looked at by our experts.

Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Regards

It will NOT stand up on it’s own I have to lean it against the wall and attachments does not work!

(Edited by moderator – sensitive information removed)  

A part broken which is stopping this from happening. A dyson engineer will need to fix. 

The Dyson has 5-years warranty. I would hope that they do this for free.